ALPHA POP
Author Message
 ALPHA POP

Hi Nick,

Quote:
> Has Alpha POP (POP-11 for the Mac) died a horrible death, or can I upgrade
> my unworkable copy for a shiney new one that runs under System 7.1?

If you bought your copy then I am sure that Cognitive Applications
will upgrade it free of charge (except P&P, I expect).   My own copy
of AlphaPOP works perfectly well under System 7.1.

Quote:
> I originally got Alpha POP because of{*filter*} Pountain's glowing report of it
> in Byte. I found it interesting, but didn't do much with it because of the
> dearth of books available.

The best book for use with AlphaPOP is Jonathan Laventhol's
"Programming in POP11".  A full reference is included at the end of
this message.

Steve

P.S. Here's the reference.  I rather doubt that it is in print at the
     moment.  However, it is well worth tracking down.  I consider it
     a very good introductory text.

%A Laventhol J.
%T Programming in POP-11
%I Blackwell Scientific Publications Ltd.
%D 1987
%O An introduction to Pop-11, adhering to the AlphaPop subset.

Tue, 19 Mar 1996 20:31:07 GMT
 ALPHA POP
Steve,

Quote:
>The best book for use with AlphaPOP is Jonathan Laventhol's
>"Programming in POP11".

Thanks for the book info; I'll look for it! ...but is AlphaPOP still supported?

--Nick

Wed, 20 Mar 1996 00:58:31 GMT

1. Alpha Pop

2. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

3. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

4. comp.lang.pop -> pop-forum gateway

5. comp.lang.pop and pop-forum gateway

6. pop FAQ (was Q: what is pop?)

7. news-relayFrom: pop@uucp.rabbit (pop)

8. POP and pop.py and/or poplib

9. Pop-up windows don't pop up for sub-widgets

10. Help, Alpha blend/ alpha channel problem.

11. Troubling Alpha: SMP support of Compaq Fort under Linux/Alpha

12. Ok, so pop *pop* may be a valid lang, but where's basic?