Forwarded message: pop11 +popvision help
Author Message
 Forwarded message: pop11 +popvision help

Replying to this message:

Quote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:53:03 -0500

> hi!

> i found the IMAGE REPRESENTATION AND DISPLAY course very interesting

It looks as if this message was posted by a student doing a course
somewhere where the popvision library was mentioned.

Perhaps he posted this to a local help list which relayed to pop-forum?

Quote:
> and
> i tried to make some proves on infrared images but when i installed
> freepoplog it sends the following message:

> ;;; MISHAP - SAVED IMAGE NOT FOUND
> ;;; INVOLVING:  'popvision.psv'
> ;;; DOING    :

It is not enough just to install the poplog system.

You would have to fetch and install the popvision library.
It is available here:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/
        About 2.6 mbytes because it contains pre-compiled binaries for
        several platforms. I can make a smaller package for anyone
        who wants to compile after fetching.

After fetching this untar it in $poplocal/local

If you are using solaris or pc+linux you will already have the C
libraries precompiled.

If not, run one of the scripts in

    popvision/com/

that suits your platform. You may have to edit one of the scripts
if you don't have one for your platform.

You then have the option to create a saved image for rapid startup
by giving these two commands:

    mkdir $poplocalbin
    ./com/mkpopvision   # if you are in the popvision library

After that

    pop11 +popvision

should start up pop11 with the vision libraries compiled.
(add %x if you wish to run XVed.)

However on a modern fast computer the time saved by using a saved
image may be negligible.

Instead it suffices to start pop11 and then compile

    $poplocal/local/popvision/popvision.p

or just
    uses popvision

if you have installed it in the standard way.

Quote:
> i am using red hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18-17.7.x and i used the
> relinking script that recommend to use for red hat 7.3

If pop11 works for you after relinking then the above should work.

Quote:
> i really apreciate an advice,
> thank you

> Roy Daz

If you join the pop-forum email list then your messages will be
automatically forwarded without waiting for the list owner
to forward them. They are also copied to the comp.lang.pop news group.

To join the email list send a message to

containing just one line

    subscribe pop-forum

Hope this helps.

Aaron
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.*-*-*.com/ (And free book on Philosophy of AI)
FREE TOOLS: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 05 May 2005 01:14:28 GMT

1. Forwarded messag: pop11 +popvision help

2. forwarded (jlc) Re: worth learning pop11 at university

3. How to retrive forwarded message from multipart message body

4. Help needed -- popvision and linux (XpwAllocColorRange)

5. PROPEL 0.2+ (pop11 for windows) (pop11 4 windows)

6. Forwarded message from patterns mailing list...

7. Forwarding message 22.03.00 from Jonathan Cunningham

8. forwarding message from Jonathan Cunningham (with comments)

9. forwarding message from Steve Leach re Running Pop-11

10. forwarded message suppressing write errors on sockets

11. Forward OS/2 system messages

12. Problem with using method_missing to forward messages