? Unification algorithm ?
Author Message
 ? Unification algorithm ?

Hi All,

 Since Pop is  so  'natural' to express algorithms,
can I find (on line) a pop implimentation of 'Unification' ?

I like to read algorithms in pseudo code: with an Algol/Pascal
type structure.     And pop is very close to this.

BTW can any-person tell of sucessfully installing and running
Poplog on Linux ?

miss this NewsGroup.   Chris Glur.

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ? Unification algorithm ?
[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

Quote:

> Date: 29 Oct 1999 18:25:22 GMT

> Hi All,

>  Since Pop is  so  'natural' to express algorithms,
> can I find (on line) a pop implimentation of 'Unification' ?

Since Prolog is implemented in Pop-11 within poplog, there is a
unification algorithm in the file plogcore.p in the main poplog
source directory. The description of the procedure prolog_unify
is in the online REF PROLOG file, also accessible at

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/doc/popref/prolog

If you don't have a version of poplog with sources (now freely
available, see below) have a look at:

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/master/C.all/src/plogcore.p

and search for the line

    define prolog_unify(term1, term2);

There's more stuff in the same directory in the file plogterms.p

Beware: that code is written in the "system" dialect of Pop-11
and cannot simply be copied and compiled in Pop-11 by ordinary
users. However, it is mostly quite readable.
The system dialect is described in some of the files in

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/sysdoc/

especially the syspop11 file.

Quote:
> I like to read algorithms in pseudo code: with an Algol/Pascal
> type structure.     And pop is very close to this.

> BTW can any-person tell of sucessfully installing and running
> Poplog on Linux ?

Since poplog became freely available a lot of people have fetched and
installed the version available from here
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/freepoplog.html
or here
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

One of the tar files referred to in there was prepared for our students
and includes linux poplog V15.53 and tar files containing a number of
extensions to Poplog from Birmingham and Sussex, and a shell script to
do the installation.

There is a fix still to be installed to enable XVed's menus to run with
lesstif. I hope to do that soon.

Quote:

> miss this NewsGroup.   Chris Glur.

If you wish you can join the pop-forum email list, which will forward
all comp.lang.pop postings to you automatically.

Aaron
===
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. **** looking for implementation of unification algorithm ****

2. unification algorithm

3. Implementation of Unification Algorithm

4. Unification Algorithm in C++/C wanted

5. **** looking for implementation of unification algorithm ****

6. Unification Algorithms

7. Question about boolean unification algorithm of B"uttner

8. Unification Algorithm

9. Converting recursive algorithms to tail recursive algorithms...???

10. ??Call to the Unification Algorithm (code) using Frames. Frames???

11. Prolog interpreter or unification engine in Dolphin

12. Web Poll 1 Results: Booch/Rumbaugh/Jacobson Unification