ASCII-draw: application for ved ?
Author Message
 ASCII-draw: application for ved ?

A recent post re. 'mouse drawing in xved' prompted this thought.
{ I don't use xved .}

Some nice schematic diagrams via ascii-graphics exist.
I've often wanted to do some.

I think this could be a suitable polog project.
Is linux ved 25/24 * 80 chars ?
Adding the mouse driver could be done (if it doesn't already exist)
after the basic feasibility is established -  or even use keys.

I haven't been in poplog for a while: can one 'run' in one half-screen
and get the output in out.p in the 'observer half screen' ?

Can the 'out.p observer half screen' move the cursor up and back ?

The heuristic refinements to the different characters to use for the
various line slopes and transitions 'feel' very poplog-ish ?

My first tests would be to see it this is possible:
   While holding down right-arrow, can 'other screen' show progress of:
      "---------"
   While holding down South-west-key can 'other screen' show progress of:
{ view with constant width font}
      "\
        \
         \"

I imagine a 25*80 'pixel-array' initially.
Copying/moving blocks should be OK.

Comments ?

-- Chris Glur.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:20:07 GMT

1. Running Ved from Ved

2. Drawing with ASCII

3. Using special ascii chars to draw graphs

4. Canvas drawing from separate application

5. Need a Tcl drawing application or object

6. Looking for a tcl/tk,drawing application

7. A TK drawing application?

8. Picasso - Tcl/Tk drawing application

9. reading ascii file and creating topspeed file in application designer - gasman.zip (0/2)

10. Drawing into bitmaps/XOR drawing on canvases

11. Ascii to Binary to Ascii

12. Ascii to Hex, Hex to Ascii convertion