FaQ for POP?
Author Message
 FaQ for POP?

Is there a FAQ for the POP protocol?  Specifically, I have a question:
What are all the commands available in the POP protocol, and what do
they stand for?  Is there a site I can download this?  Or a
book/article I can refer to?  Please respond to:

Thanks.

Sat, 22 Jul 1995 07:36:15 GMT
 FaQ for POP?

Quote:
> Date: 1 Feb 93 23:36:15 GMT

> Is there a FAQ for the POP protocol?  Specifically, I have a question:
> What are all the commands available in the POP protocol, and what do
> they stand for?  Is there a site I can download this?  Or a
> book/article I can refer to?

The POP language group is not the same as POP the "Post Office
Protocol". The most sophisticated version of the Pop languange is
pop-11, which is part of the poplog system.

I have an incomplete draft introduction to Pop-11 which is currently
available via anonymous ftp.

    ftp ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk
    <login as "anonymous" with password your email address>
    cd pub/dist/papers
    get primer.Z
    quit

then
    uncompress primer

The online "HELP" and "REF" files in Poplog give complete
documentation. However Poplog is quite a big system and costs
some money.

In the USA contact

for information, evaluation licences, etc.
Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman,
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-(0)21-414-3711       Fax:   +44-(0)21-414-4281

Sun, 23 Jul 1995 17:50:10 GMT

1. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

2. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

3. pop FAQ (was Q: what is pop?)

4. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

5. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

6. FAQ to alleviate pop patch query storm.

7. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

8. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

9. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

10. HTML version of comp.lang.pop FAQ and RCLIB

11. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

12. FAQ for comp.lang.pop