FaQ for POP?
Author Message
 FaQ for POP?

Is there a FAQ for the POP protocol?  Specifically, I have a question:
What are all the commands available in the POP protocol, and what do
they stand for?  Is there a site I can download this?  Or a
book/article I can refer to?  Please respond to:

Thanks.

Sat, 22 Jul 1995 07:36:15 GMT
 FaQ for POP?

Quote:
> Date: 1 Feb 93 23:36:15 GMT

> Is there a FAQ for the POP protocol?  Specifically, I have a question:
> What are all the commands available in the POP protocol, and what do
> they stand for?  Is there a site I can download this?  Or a
> book/article I can refer to?

The POP language group is not the same as POP the "Post Office
Protocol". The most sophisticated version of the Pop languange is
pop-11, which is part of the poplog system.

I have an incomplete draft introduction to Pop-11 which is currently
available via anonymous ftp.

    ftp ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk
    <login as "anonymous" with password your email address>
    cd pub/dist/papers
    get primer.Z
    quit

then
    uncompress primer

The online "HELP" and "REF" files in Poplog give complete
documentation. However Poplog is quite a big system and costs
some money.

In the USA contact

for information, evaluation licences, etc.
Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman,
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-(0)21-414-3711       Fax:   +44-(0)21-414-4281

Sun, 23 Jul 1995 17:50:10 GMT

1. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

2. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

3. pop FAQ (was Q: what is pop?)

4. FAQ to alleviate pop patch query storm.

5. FAQ for comp.lang.pop

6. HTML version of comp.lang.pop FAQ and RCLIB

7. FAQ for comp.lang.pop