Beginner 
Author Message
 Beginner

Hi,

why does the following result in an error?

: member("x",[x y]) =>

;;; MISHAP - enp: EXECUTING NON-PROCEDURE
;;; INVOLVING:  <undef member>
;;; DOING    :  pop_setpop_compiler

Setpop
:

thanks, Marc

See http://www.*-*-*.com/



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:45:50 GMT  
 Beginner

Quote:

> : member("x",[x y]) =>

> ;;; MISHAP - enp: EXECUTING NON-PROCEDURE
> ;;; INVOLVING:  <undef member>
> ;;; DOING    :  pop_setpop_compiler

Looks as if your poplog system may not be set up correctly.  Do you have
an environment variable $popautolib defined?  If so, is there a file
$popautolib/member.p ?

Maybe you haven't got lines like:

export usepop=/usr/local/poplog/v15.53
. $usepop/pop/com/poplog.sh

in your login script?

I'm assuming you are on a unix system (e.g., linux).  I don't know what
the equivalent setup procedures are for windows.

Stephen Isard



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:48:49 GMT  
 Beginner


Quote:
> I'm assuming you are on a unix system (e.g., linux).  I don't know what
> the equivalent setup procedures are for windows.

Thanks Stephen,

I'm on Win98. I didn't find an installation instruction for winpop. However,
I'll try what you said but e.g. $popautolib is undefined and I don't have a
.login script.
I use: ftp://ftp.bel-epa.com/pub/poplog/winpop/pop15-53.zip
calling pop11.exe (winpop11 returns immediately)

Thanks, Marc



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:36:21 GMT  
 Beginner

Quote:

> I'm on Win98. I didn't find an installation instruction for winpop. However,
> I'll try what you said but e.g. $popautolib is undefined and I don't have a
> .login script.
> I use: ftp://ftp.bel-epa.com/pub/poplog/winpop/pop15-53.zip

The Birmingham website has installation instructions at
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/new/pcwinpoplog.txt .  It says
on the website that they are included in the zip file.  If they weren't
in the zip file that you got, maybe it would be a good idea to get one
from Birmingham.

Good luck.

Stephen Isard



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:57:08 GMT  
 Beginner


Quote:
> http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/new/pcwin15.5.zip ...

download stops exactly at 2,7 MB several times.

Marc



Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:28:13 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Beginner's woes

2. Beginner's Language?

3. Beginner's J question #12 - locales

4. Beginner's J question

5. Beginner's J questions, vol. 3

6. Beginner's J questions, vol. 4

7. Beginner's J question

8. beginner's J question

9. Beginner J questions: local variables

10. APL book for beginner

11. Mouse (pen) clicks and position (Another beginner question...)

12. Dumb beginner question...

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software