Win32 Interface?
Author Message
 Win32 Interface?

If anyone does ever read this group....

... do you know of an alternative Win32 interface (or interface mechanism)
to that supplied as default (VED and all that).

Cheers,
lee

"Post-modernism...the Grande Narrative that denies Grande Narrative."
                         - Cedric Watts (personal correspondence, 1997)

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32 Interface?
[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]
[Re-posting message that got jammed in local news machine.]

Quote:

> If anyone does ever read this group....

> ... do you know of an alternative Win32 interface (or interface mechanism)
> to that supplied as default (VED and all that).

I assume you mean an interface to poplog/pop11. I know that ISL/SPSS
use an expensive X window emulation package to interpret the pop11 X
stuff in their Clementine system.

If you learn of anything that doesn't cost the earth let me know and
I'll add the information to the FreePoplog site:

        ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/freepoplog.html
or
        http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

If are familiar with Emacs you can try seeing whether the poplog emacs
customisation package by Richard Caley and Brian Logan works with
windows. You can fetch it via the freepoplog web page or directly

        ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/emacs.tar.gz

Or try linux!

I hope you are enjoying your MSc.

Aaron
===
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows Win32 API Interface?

2. CVF6.1 Interfaces for Win32 Memory mapping functions

3. DVF Missing Win32 API Interfaces

4. Win32 COM interfaces

5. win32 adding a tcpip alias to an interface

6. Interface between win32 and java apps

7. DirectX interface for Python/Win32? PyOpenGL/Win32 status?

8. elj-win32 0.4 Release: The GNU Eiffel win32 Distribution

9. elj-win32: A FREE/NO-RISK win32 SmallEiffel Distribution

10. Calling Win32 API functions with Gnat 3.09 (Win32 version)

11. Win32 extensions using the .NET SDK and the Win32 Platform SDK

12. Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)