New more compact linux-poplog package (scripts upgraded)
Author Message
 New more compact linux-poplog package (scripts upgraded)

[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

Quote:

> I have produced a more compact poplog package for linux. It does not
> have any of the standard poplog saved images pre-built. The cost is that
> installation takes a little longer, but probably not nearly as much
> longer as fetching the extra megabytes over a slow link.

The installation scripts did not set the environment variables properly,
so installation did not work if you had not already set poplog's
environment variables. I have now fixed this.

I have also created a script
    INSTALL_NOMOTIF

which will work if you don't have and do not wish to install motif
poplog. It unpacks the tar file then relinks poplog so as not to
use motif, then rebuilds everything.

The main poplog package (gzipped tar file), about 12 Mbytes (I could
split it), and various optional extras, all accessible here:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

If you get the main package and untar it you'll find instructions and
a shell script that should just run OK if you are super-user.

You may have to edit the scripts if you are not using RedHat linux.

The directory also includes Openmotif so you can download it from there
if you don't have it already.

Please report problems.

Installation of linux poplog on a pc should be easier than ever before
-- provided that you want to duplicate the Birmingham setup. If not,
edit the installation script before running it.

Aaron
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.*-*-*.com/ (And free book on Philosophy of AI)
FREE TOOLS: http://www.*-*-*.com/
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.*-*-*.com/ (And free book on Philosophy of AI)
FREE TOOLS: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 06:55:46 GMT

1. New more compact linux-poplog package

2. Linux POPLOG package dependencies?

3. the old free linux poplog comes to life on suse linux

4. A little script to help resolve dependencies on installed packages (RPM,Linux,Python)

5. Poplog upgrade

6. Another Update to the Linux Python Distribution: 2 new packages

7. New packages added to Linux Python Distribution

8. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS [package version 1.5.1-10]

9. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS [package version 1.5.1-10]

10. GReg-Plus new release and new competitive upgrade pricing

11. package require / package ifneeded scripts