Y2KC?
Author Message
 Y2KC?

I have not found any info;

Is poplog Y2KC? Where can I find the info?

Thanks

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2KC?

Quote:

> article: 1996 in comp.lang.pop
> Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 02:20:10 GMT

> I have not found any info;

> Is poplog Y2KC? Where can I find the info?

> Thanks

As far as I know, no special work was needed or done on Poplog to
make it Y2K compliant, insofar as it runs on Unix systems. (I don't
know about the windows NT version, but since that is used by
ISL/SPSS for Clementine I am pretty sure they will have had to fix
it.)

It may be that some users of pop-11 have developed applications
where they used only two digits for a year, but there's nothing
internal to the system which does that.

E.g. I used Pop-11 to write a command to the poplog editor Ved
to use the unix "cal" utility to display a calendar for a given year
or month. For my own convenience I allowed it to accept two digits
for the year. I've recently changed it to allow 00 to 49 to
represent years after 1999 and 50 to 99 to represent years up to
1999. To represent year 35 you use 0035!

Anyone who wishes can write their own version with a different
split, or insist on 4 digits for all years after 999. Mine is at
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/auto/ved_cal.p

The help file is at
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/help/ved_cal

But that's a toy example

I don't know of anything else in Pop11/Poplog which uses two digits
for the year.

Aaron
===
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Re : Y2KC