 UniPrise PL/I

Why not take a look at http://www.*-*-*.com/
to see what they are doing with PL/I.

Sat, 01 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 UniPrise PL/I
        "Why not take a look at http://www.uniprise.com to see what
        they are doing with PL/I."

Hmm.  No COMPLEX data type.  No PUT DATA.  "Provides the PL/I features
often used by mainframe programmers."  You can only run the object
code on machines licensed for their run-time library, but that's okay
because the product only works on an Alpha running Unix.

I guess they've found a niche, and I hope they make money there
... but I don't know anybody in that niche.

Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 UniPrise PL/I

        >    "Why not take a look at http://www.uniprise.com to see what
        >    they are doing with PL/I."

        >Hmm.  No COMPLEX data type.  No PUT DATA.

---Yes, but they're working on a full PL/I.

   Incidentally, you can replicate the PUT DATA statement for scalars
readily enough with the help of the macro processor.

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. UniPrise -- new entry in Yahoo

2. Logo Komeniusz PL (Logo Comenius PL)

3. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

4. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

5. Difference PL/1 PL/I

6. What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

7. Initialization Expressions in PL/I (was ANSI PL/I)

8. Migrating from OS/VS PL/I to VA PL/I

9. PL/I FAQ -- Frequently asked questions about PL/I (minor update)

10. The PL/I Connection (PL/I Newsletter No. 6)

11. How VOS PL/I tames PL/I

12. PL1 JOBS PL/I Jobs PL/1 JOBS