DB2, MVS/ESA, PL1 (newbee)
Author Message
 DB2, MVS/ESA, PL1 (newbee)

L.S.

Is there anybody who can explain why I need to Bind a Package and Bind a
Plan after that .
What happens with the Database (DB2), DBRM and the LOAD when you bind the
Package?
What happens with the Database (DB2), DBRM and the LOAD when you bind the
Plan?

TXS,

David

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DB2, MVS/ESA, PL1 (newbee)

Quote:
>Is there anybody who can explain why I need to Bind a Package and Bind a
>Plan after that .

No. Because you don't. You only need to bind the plan once. The package must
be bound whenever it changes. The plan doesn't change (unless you explicitly
list the packages it includes, in which case you will need to change it when
you add or delete packages).

Quote:
>What happens with the Database (DB2), DBRM and the LOAD when you bind the

Package?

DB2: gets the package bound to it (known as the application plan)
DBRM: It is read. By definition, Binding reads a DBRM and produces an
application plan
LOAD: nothing. It isn't accessed until you run the application.

May I suggest reading the relevant DB2 application programming guide?

Thu, 27 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Software Withdrawal: DB2 for MVS/ESA Version 4

2. US-Ok-Tulsa---Wanted: Pl1 Programmers, IMS,MVS,DB2

3. TIME Macro Expansion MVS/ESA

4. MVS/ESA assembly book wanted

5. MVS XA/ESA

6. mvs/esa sp5 application symbol table

7. Linking PL/I and C on MVS/ESA

8. VM Open Edition and MVS/ESA Open Edition

9. REXX compiler on MVS/ESA 3.1.3

10. MVS/ESA Rexx Compiler

11. CLIST vs. REXX (was: MVS/ESA)

12. MVS/ESA