Progress status
Author Message
 Progress status

Quote:
> How can I show the progress of a calculation on the screen ? I want to
show
> smthng like "...%" by refreshing the screen. Its a fortran code. I dont
want
> to use a progress bar. I want to see the progress percent on the command
> prompt. Anyone?

> Thanks

Note sure this is exactly what you want to happen,  however below works
using CVF,  but I couldnt get advance='no' with the write instead of the
non-standard '\'  to work in this situation..

program test
integer :: n
character(2) :: percent = '%' // char(13)
do n = 1,99
    call sleepqq (1000)    ! simulate 1sec of run time
    write (*,'(i2,a\)') n, percent
end do
end program

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:15:10 GMT
 Progress status

| > How can I show the progress of a calculation on the screen ? I want to
| show
| > smthng like "...%" by refreshing the screen. Its a fortran code. I dont
| want
| > to use a progress bar. I want to see the progress percent on the command
| > prompt. Anyone?
| >
| > Thanks
| >

| Note sure this is exactly what you want to happen,  however below works
| using CVF,  but I couldnt get advance='no' with the write instead of the
| non-standard '\'  to work in this situation..
|
| program test
| integer :: n
| character(2) :: percent = '%' // char(13)
| do n = 1,99
|     call sleepqq (1000)    ! simulate 1sec of run time
|     write (*,'(i2,a\)') n, percent
| end do
| end program

David, you were peeking over my shoulder...

I had written the VERY SAME code with identical conclusion and was about to post
it, when I reread Filip's post which says:

"I dont want to use a progress bar. I want to see the PROGRESS PERCENT on the
command prompt."

So I changed my mind and posted another answer ;-).

--
 Jugoslav
___________

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:45:37 GMT

1. Progress status

2. Displaying progress status?

3. Progress Bar In Main App Status Bar

4. Progress Bar in Status Bar

5. Icon and Progress bar in the status row

6. Return Values vs Status Queries vs Status Messages

7. Can a progress bar be placed in the status bar?

8. Progress DB driver for VisualWorks

9. SIGAPL Book Sale Now in Progress

10. Centering Progress Dialogs

11. Download a file, displaying progress bar

12. APL97 Progress Report