Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst
Author Message
 Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

Job Title: .................... Programmer/Analyst
Location: .................... North Vancouver, BC
Term: ......................... 6+ months
Salary: ........................ Open

Duties:
- Work with the project's business analyst to produce Requirements
deliverables
- Produce Analysis and Design deliverables following the existing Project
Life Cycle Methodology
- Responsible for unit/integration/functional including the creation of test
scripts and the execution of the tests.
- Development of reports to assess the quality of the data captured by
Claims systems.
- Development of analytical
- Systems integration and technical change management activities in support
of the location sub-project.

Required skills (minimum 8 years):
- Demonstrated ability to do analysis and design in a client/server
environment
- Strong technical skills in technical/development environment.
- Able to organize work according to priorities and to meet schedule
targets.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Dynamic and flexible to a variety of responsibilities and new
opportunities as they arise
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a small team.
- Computer Science degree/Business Related degree or Technical Diploma or
equivalent work experience.

Technical/Development Environment
Windows NT
MS Office '97
Oracle v8
PL/SQL
Microsoft Visual C++
MQ Series
IMS
DB/2
PL/1
BI/Query
Powermart
Info/7
ArcView

--
OT & T Information Systems, Inc.

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

Quote:

> >Job Title: .................... Programmer/Analyst

> When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
> associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
> conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
> determine rates.

Maybe she just wants to put in a bid to ICBC and doesn't know what to charge?
(ICBC = Insurance Corporation of British Columbia).

--
Ed Guy P.Eng,CDP,MIEE
Information Technology Consultant

http://www.guysoftware.com
"Check out HELLLP!, WinHelp author tool for WinWord 2.0 through 2000,
 PlanBee Project Management Planning and Scheduling
 and ParseRat, the File Parser, Converter and Reorganizer"

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

Quote:
>Job Title: .................... Programmer/Analyst

When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
determine rates.

DD

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

Quote:

> Technical/Development Environment
> Windows NT
> MS Office '97
> Oracle v8
> PL/SQL
> Microsoft Visual C++
> MQ Series
> IMS
> DB/2
> PL/1
> BI/Query
> Powermart
> Info/7
> ArcView

Where's the COBOL?

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

Quote:

> > Technical/Development Environment
> > Windows NT
> > MS Office '97
> > Oracle v8
> > PL/SQL
> > Microsoft Visual C++
> > MQ Series
> > IMS
> > DB/2
> > PL/1
> > BI/Query
> > Powermart
> > Info/7
> > ArcView

> Where's the COBOL?

Based on the customer profile, the client appears to be Insurance Corporation of British
Columbia - a government-owned compulsory auto-insurer.

As far as I can recall, they were NEVER a COBOL shop.  In the early 70s they were IBM's
flagship Western Canada customer.  Having been set up by a government with an almost
unattainable start-up date they had IBM move almost an entire division from Toronto to
set up the systems (they made their deadline too!).  I'm pretty sure they went PL/1 &
IMS all the way.

--
Ed Guy P.Eng,CDP,MIEE
Information Technology Consultant

http://www.guysoftware.com
"Check out HELLLP!, WinHelp author tool for WinWord 2.0 through 2000,
 PlanBee Project Management Planning and Scheduling
 and ParseRat, the File Parser, Converter and Reorganizer"

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

<Major Snippage>

Quote:
> Technical/Development Environment
> Windows NT
> MS Office '97
> Oracle v8
> PL/SQL
> Microsoft Visual C++
> MQ Series
> IMS
> DB/2
> PL/1
> BI/Query
> Powermart
> Info/7
> ArcView

> --
> OT & T Information Systems, Inc.

This looks like a Batch DataBase Programmer position (IMS and PL/I),
considering CICS is not even a requirement. Throw out all the other
requirements (which sound like BS to me) and that's what you have. One
step forward, two steps back.

IMHO, a bad move....

WOB

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Greater Vancouver, BC - Programmer/Analyst

2. Greater Vancouver, BC - Data Acquisition Analyst

3. Vancouver, B.C. - Analyst/Developer

4. Look for Programmer in Vancouver B.C. area

5. FL-Great COBOL Programmer/Analyst job!

6. J in Vancouver BC

7. VisualAge for Smalltalk Education/Training in Vancouver BC?

8. ACM CHI 96 * April 13-18, 1996 * Vancouver, BC Canada

9. BC: Vancouver NT-Administrator with Clarion 2.003

10. C4 Tutor in the Vancouver BC area