Oncode 0008 in floor()
Author Message
 Oncode 0008 in floor()

Hallo,

i have a very dificuilt problem with a programm, which is developed my
me.

Under special conditions the programm terminates with a Oncode 0008 by
the execution of the floor() function. This happens only, when a
special number should process.

Unfortunaly, i couldn't reproduce the error in a test programm.

Becouse I couldn't found any documentation about the Oncode 0008, I
will ask, if someone give me a hint to solve this problem.

I use OS PL/I 2.3, LE/390 on a OS/390 2.6 maschine.

Regards: Jochen Schmitt

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()
Hello,
Could you provide more information.
1. Fragment of the codes that caused the oncode. Dcl statements.
2. The ?special? number.
Guess the error may be caused by data conversion in arithmetic operations.

Quote:
> Hallo,

> i have a very dificuilt problem with a programm, which is developed my
> me.

> Under special conditions the programm terminates with a Oncode 0008 by
> the execution of the floor() function. This happens only, when a
> special number should process.

> Unfortunaly, i couldn't reproduce the error in a test programm.

> Becouse I couldn't found any documentation about the Oncode 0008, I
> will ask, if someone give me a hint to solve this problem.

> I use OS PL/I 2.3, LE/390 on a OS/390 2.6 maschine.

> Regards: Jochen Schmitt

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()

Quote:

>Guess the error may be caused by data conversion in arithmetic operations.

Thar I have thought first too, but I can print the
floating-point-numer without any problems.

Regards: Jochen Schmitt

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()

Quote:

> I have a very difficult problem with my program.
> Under special conditions the program terminates with a Oncode 0008
> by the execution of the floor() function.
> This happens only when a special number should process.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the error in a test program.
> Becouse I couldn't find any documentation about the Oncode 0008,
> I will ask, if someone give me a hint to solve this problem.
> I use OS PL/I 2.3, LE/390 on a OS/390 2.6 machine.

Page 230 of "OS and DOS PL/I Language Reference Manual" (September
1984) in "Chapter 17. Conditions" documents '0003' as "an attempt has
been made to execute a statement which, during compilation, was
diagnosed as in error and replaced by a SIGNAL ERROR statement.

The next entry is for '0009' -- there is no entry for '0008', but it
*IS* an old book.
Perhaps, the equivalent book for your version/release might have more
information???

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()
Melvin Klassen schrieb:

Quote:
> Page 230 of "OS and DOS PL/I Language Reference Manual" (September
> 1984) in "Chapter 17. Conditions" documents '0003' as "an attempt has
> been made to execute a statement which, during compilation, was
> diagnosed as in error and replaced by a SIGNAL ERROR statement.

> The next entry is for '0009' -- there is no entry for '0008', but it
> *IS* an old book.
> Perhaps, the equivalent book for your version/release might have more
> information???

I have the documentation of the version 2.3 of the OS PL/I compiliter in
the bookmanager, but I couldn't found a entry for '0008'.

And on the other hand, the error occurs only after we have installed
LE/390. Before this kind of error didn't occure in the same test case.

Regards: Jochen Schmitt

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()

Quote:

> I have the documentation of the version 2.3 of the OS PL/I compiliter in
> the bookmanager, but I couldn't found a entry for '0008'.

> And on the other hand, the error occurs only after we have installed
> LE/390. Before this kind of error didn't occure in the same test case.

It isn't in the PL/I for MVS documentation either.

Could it be that the LE option TRAP(ON) has taken over for PL/I's SPIE and
now reports LE hardware conditions?  In that case 0008 is fixed-point
overflow exception.  I really don't know, I'm not up to speed on LE yet.

Gunnar.

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()
Although I too cannot help on the oncode (it is not documented), I can
confirm that LE's TRAP(ON) option takes over from the PL/I SPIE/STAE
mechanism.

A tip for everybody looking for documentation and only having older
documentation to hand: the latest documentation for all of IBM's PL/I
products can be found under http://www.software.ibm.com/ad/pli/library.htm.

Given that the oncode isn't documented, I wonder if it is perhaps spurious.
I think you're going to be better off trying to find out what causes the
problem, and assume only that something is wrong...

--
Regards, Mark Yudkin

Quote:

> > I have the documentation of the version 2.3 of the OS PL/I compiliter in
> > the bookmanager, but I couldn't found a entry for '0008'.

> > And on the other hand, the error occurs only after we have installed
> > LE/390. Before this kind of error didn't occure in the same test case.

> It isn't in the PL/I for MVS documentation either.

> Could it be that the LE option TRAP(ON) has taken over for PL/I's SPIE and
> now reports LE hardware conditions?  In that case 0008 is fixed-point
> overflow exception.  I really don't know, I'm not up to speed on LE yet.

> Gunnar.

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oncode 0008 in floor()
LE documentation can be found under
http://www.s390.ibm.com/le/library/library.html.

Quote:

> > I have the documentation of the version 2.3 of the OS PL/I compiliter in
> > the bookmanager, but I couldn't found a entry for '0008'.

> > And on the other hand, the error occurs only after we have installed
> > LE/390. Before this kind of error didn't occure in the same test case.

> It isn't in the PL/I for MVS documentation either.

> Could it be that the LE option TRAP(ON) has taken over for PL/I's SPIE and
> now reports LE hardware conditions?  In that case 0008 is fixed-point
> overflow exception.  I really don't know, I'm not up to speed on LE yet.

> Gunnar.

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. complex floor

2. Drag & Drop Floor Plan

3. Floored division: How?

4. FLOORED/SYMMETRIC

5. PLS Help me build a floor turtle TIA!!!!

6. Floored Division

7. Floor Turtles

8. Floor Turtles

9. weird behaviour with floor and length

10. LOGO-L> Re: Vintage Floor Turtles

11. used floor turtle wanted

12. Logo news: New floor turtle launch