PL/1 for NT: Won't LINK object files correctly
Author Message
 PL/1 for NT: Won't LINK object files correctly

Hello Everyone,

I've just installed IBM PL/1 for Windows V2.1 onto a Windows/NT 5
(SP5) system. I've created the Hello program described in the
Programming Guide. It compiled, to OBJ, with no errors. However, I
get the following message when trying to "ilink" : Could not open file
IBMWS20I.LIB.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the package to make sure all system
(e.g. PATH) variables were set correctly.

Any ideas ?

-- Chuck Moore

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:47:24 GMT
 PL/1 for NT: Won't LINK object files correctly

Quote:

>Hello Everyone,

>I've just installed IBM PL/1 for Windows V2.1 onto a Windows/NT 5
>(SP5) system. I've created the Hello program described in the
>Programming Guide. It compiled, to OBJ, with no errors. However, I
>get the following message when trying to "ilink" : Could not open file
>IBMWS20I.LIB.

>I've uninstalled/reinstalled the package to make sure all system
>(e.g. PATH) variables were set correctly.

>Any ideas ?

>-- Chuck Moore

Ok,

Here's what you do to fix problem (if it occurs):
Edit System Variables to include libraries as follows:
INCLUDE -> (whatever was there before);C:\IBMPLIW\INCLUDE
LIB -> (whatever was there before);C:\IBMPLIW\LIB

Also, take the system defaults for run-time directory (C:\IBMPLIW)
unless you are sure about what you're doing.

-- Chuck

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:44:56 GMT

1. Object Rexx (Win 95/NT ) RunTime Files

2. Clipper's File() function in Win NT 4

3. REXX won't execute .BAT file on NT Server

4. Win-help file does'nt show contents

5. Image viewing program won't work on Win NT

6. Newbie link problem: won't link clearly defined symbols

7. clipper program doesn'nt work correctly

8. File locking in Win 95/Win NT

9. Error installing PL/I Upgrade 2.1.7 on Win NT

10. WIN-NT PL/I: FEATURES

11. 'exec' Problems under Win/NT

12. Link object files from G77, MSVC 5.0 and AONIX Object ADA 7.1.1