PL/I v2.3 Fixedoverflow
Author Message
 PL/I v2.3 Fixedoverflow

Quote:

> >> But there appears to be no test for overflow, and there is
> >> needs to be when the truncation from 31 digits to 15 digits
> >> takes place.

> >That doesn't constitute FIXEDOVERFLOW, only SIZE.

> Multiplying fixed decimal(15,7) by (15,7) with a (15,7) product
> removes the low 7 digits of the (30,14) product.  This is done
> with MVO (move with offset), which, as far as I remember, doesn't
> generate fixed overflow.

That's right, that part doesnt.  However, the total number of significant
digits then would be 23 (precision 23, 7).  The number of digits before
the decimal point is 16, which is truncated to 8.
Fir this truncation, there must be a test for DFIXEDOVERFLOW, or
a provision to raise the FIXEDOVERFLOW interrupt.

There does not appear to be such a test in the code provided.

Quote:
> -- glen

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL/I v2.3 Fixedoverflow

2. PL/I v2.3 Fixedoverflow

3. plixopt values - pl/i v2.3 LE

4. HOWTO: Install VA PL/I V2.1 on NT4 and W2K

5. PL/I V2.3.0, CICS/ESA V4.1 and LE V1.5.0

6. PL/1 v1.5 and V2.3 run-time libraries

7. Dr. Watson and VA PL/I v2.0

8. VisualAge PL/I V2.0 Announced!!

9. pl/I v1 upgrade to v2

10. FIXEDOVERFLOW vs. SIZE