visual age pli
Author Message
 visual age pli

does ibm's aix pli have limitations on the size of fixed and variable
length files?  we have fixed length files well in excess of 4 gig using
liants open pli on sun e10000.  but currently are unable to write
variable length files greater than about 2.2 gig.

thanks
ken holmes

Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 visual age pli
Yes. 2**31-1 bytes. This is exactly 2GB.

This is a "feature" of the C (yes C) runtime functions used by the PL/I
runtime, which use int types in ftell, etc. Applies to all of the VA
platforms (AIX, NT, OS/2).

You can use the native AIX 64-bit APIs. You'll need the latest AIX compiler,
which introduces fixed bin(63) under the compiler option
limits(fixedbin(63)).

Quote:

>does ibm's aix pli have limitations on the size of fixed and variable
>length files?  we have fixed length files well in excess of 4 gig using
>liants open pli on sun e10000.  but currently are unable to write
>variable length files greater than about 2.2 gig.

>thanks
>ken holmes

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Age PLI frontend and SCCI

2. Visual Age PLI front end and SCCI

3. Visual-age for Cobol talking to Visual-Age (C)

4. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

5. Visual Smalltalk and Visual Age crashes

6. Converting from Visual Smalltalk to Visual Age

7. Smalltalk Developer Visual Works-Visual Age Perm job in MN

8. Visual Age vs Visual Works with Gemstone

9. Visual Age Calendar & Timeline Widgets

10. Visual Age 4.0 Delivery Schedule???

11. F10 event in Visual Age 4.02 on Windows 95

12. VIsual Age Smalltalk Florida