Looking for DOS PL/I Compiler
Author Message
 Looking for DOS PL/I Compiler

Can anyone tell me where I can find, download or order/buy a PL/I
compiler for DOS (16 bit)?
Thanks,

JAN

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for DOS PL/I Compiler

In a message dated 01-08-98, J.d. van Meines said to All about Looking For
Dos Pl/i Comp

JM>Can anyone tell me where I can find, download or order/buy a PL/I
JM>compiler for DOS (16 bit)?

The last I heard was that Novell had given the old Digital Research compiler
(ANSI G-Level subset PL/I) to some company to market. That was a couple of
years ago, and I've heard nothing since.

Pester Novell and see if they can tell you anything.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * Smoke may indicate you exceeded maximum performance.
--
Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for DOS PL/I Compiler

Now that DR Dos 7 or 8  is being given away free, I wonder what the
status of DR's PL/1 is?

I've got a copy, and even the CP/M 80 version, and I suspect that if
Caldera could find the source code for the compiler, they would probably
give it away too.

I must ask 'em....

Cheers,

Clem

Quote:
> In a message dated 01-08-98, J.d. van Meines said to All about Looking
> For
> Dos Pl/i Comp

> JM>Can anyone tell me where I can find, download or order/buy a PL/I
> JM>compiler for DOS (16 bit)?

> The last I heard was that Novell had given the old Digital Research
> compiler
> (ANSI G-Level subset PL/I) to some company to market. That was a
> couple of
> years ago, and I've heard nothing since.

> Pester Novell and see if they can tell you anything.

> Regards

> Dave
> <Team PL/I>

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for DOS PL/I Compiler

On Tuesday, 98/01/27, Clement Clarke wrote to All about "Looking For Dos
Pl/I" as follows:

CC> Now that DR Dos 7 or 8  is being given away free, I wonder what the
CC> status of DR's PL/1 is?

I'm not sure whether the PL/I compiler was still with Novell when Ray Noorda
took his leave and started Caldera. I fear that DR-DOS was all that was left
of Digital Research Inc. by that time.

CC> I've got a copy, and even the CP/M 80 version, and I suspect that if
CC> Caldera could find the source code for the compiler, they would probably
CC> give it away too.

Yes, it's hardly a major retail market on the DOS platform.

Giving the source away too, as with Caldera DOS, would also allow users to
fix (or at least attempt to fix) any of the numerous bugs allegedly
remaining in the compiler and RTL. It would also allows us to upgrade the
RTL to use file handles instead of FCB's.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that making the source public
domain woul revitalise a now dead product. It won't be more widely used than
Windows, but it would have some chance of being actually improved.

CC> I must ask 'em....

That would be great, Clem. Whatever you find out, please post it here.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>

 * KWQ/2 1.2i * "Aim low boys! They're a-ridin' Shetlands!"

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. looking for a PL/I compiler for 386+ in MSDOS or NT-DOS

2. PL/1 compiler for DOS/WIN/OS2 ?

3. PL/I Compiler for DOS

4. PL/1 Compiler for DOS

5. where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

6. PL/I Compilers for MS-DOS

7. Looking for a PL/I compiler/analyser that produces enhanced X-Refs for variables

8. Looking for PL/I source for GAUSS compiler

9. I'm looking for PL/I compiler

10. Looking for a PL/I compiler for Windows 3.1

11. PL/I (was: IBM Needs to seed the PL/I Compiler)

12. Looking for a DOS Compiler