Compilation Speed
Author Message
 Compilation Speed

Hi

Im very keen to discover what the compilation speed is for different PLI implementations.

I know it can be heavily influenced by compiler options like optimization, list file etc.

Is it possible to tabulate data using these metrics:

Speed in source statements per second
Speed in source lines      per second

Optimizations:
None
Max Speed
Min Size

Listings
None
Some
All (assembler listing included)

What do people think?

It would be interesting to measure the available compilers that are out there.

I can get access to a Stratus VOS compiler, so I can get those figures.

It would interest me to get mainframe and some PC implementations.

I know things depend upon disk/cpu etc so perhaps we could include some info on this and try to make some objective
table?

Thanks
Hugh

Hugh Gleaves
Philadelphia
USA

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:11:27 GMT

1. Compilation speed

2. Lahey & Intel compilation size/speed issues

3. SGI n32 Python compilation... weird speed results

4. Speed..Speed..Speed

5. Special compilation action for defalut compilation sematics

6. HW compilation vs SW compilation

7. Perl speed vs. Python speed

8. integer*8 speed vs integer*4 speed

9. Java speed vs Tcl speed

10. dynamic/adaptive compilation/optimi

11. Compilation messages on Transcript

12. package using pool dictinary compilation failures