Best HLL/Compiler for CPU Performance
Author Message
 Best HLL/Compiler for CPU Performance

Quote:
> > PL/I, COBOL and fortran generate in-line instructions for processing
> > packed decimal instructions on 390, and this goes back to any of
> > the compilers built since 1970!

PL/I on the mainframe has generated decimal instructions
since the PL/I-F compiler in 1966.
Quote:
> > Cheers,
> > Tom Ross          >> IBM COBOL development <<

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel Performance ( CPU and Memory )

2. Performance Flaw & CPU evaluation

3. Suggestions for SPEC 3.0 CPU Performance Evaluation Suite

4. memory consumption and CPU performance using Tk Widgets

5. S87 app is hogging the CPU, what is best fix

6. Good Pentium CPUs. was: Telephone harassment is illegal

7. best cpu

8. cpu timer for dvf better than ETIME?

9. making better use of my CPU with interact (expect question)

10. Best CPU-Lisp combination?

11. The secret behind the good performance in J

12. GemStone compatibility and performance [was Re: ENVY: best practices]