VSAM in PL1
Author Message
 VSAM in PL1

How to declare VSAM file in PL1?

Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VSAM in PL1

Quote:

>How to declare VSAM file in PL1?

   DCL ZOOM FILE ENV(VSAM ...);

Frank Clarke
Tampa Area REXX Programmers' Alliance
Member of the REXX Language Association
Join us at http://www.rexxla.org
(Remove the currency symbol before replying.)

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VSAM in PL1

In a message dated 02-01-98, "len" said to All about Vsam  In Pl1

L>How to declare VSAM file in PL1?

What kind of VSAM file? KSDS, ESDS or RRDS?

Do you want sequential or direct access to be the default?

For an ESDS with sequential access for input:

    DCL   VsamFile      RECORD INPUT SEQL
                        ENV(VSAM);

For a KSDS or RRDS with direct access for input:

    DCL   VsamFile      RECORD INPUT DIRECT KEYED
                        ENV(VSAM);

You should be able to figure out from these how to declare files that
require OUTPUT or UPDATE permissions instead of INPUT.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * I know a good tag line when I steal one.

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL1 for Linux / PL1 for Win95?

2. wanted: PL1 to C xlator or PL1 BNF

3. Where is #932 implemented in PL1?

4. PL1 Environment Problem with ALC

5. Register Savearea and PL1 question!

6. FINAL CALL FOR VOTES: comp.lang.pl1

7. CFV: comp.lang.pl1 -- PL/I newsgroup

8. filling PL1 structures in VA Smalltalk?

9. PL1 Programmer Needed

10. PL/I Newsgroup comp.lang.pl1 exists now

11. 2nd CFV: comp.lang.pl1

12. CFV: comp.lang.pl1