Directory Services
Author Message
 Directory Services

        Is there a DLL somewhere that will perform file/directory
services (DEL, REMDIR, DIR, etc.) on WIN 95/NT? I'd hate to reinvent
the wheel for some PL/I apps I'm developing.
        Thanx in advance.

Eat Right!
Stay Fit!
Don't Drink!
Don't Smoke!
Die Anyway!

Tue, 16 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Services

        >Eat Right!
        >Stay Fit!
        >Don't Drink!
        >Don't Smoke!
        >Die Anyway!
but much later, in all probability!

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Services

In a message dated 06-01-97, robin said to All about Re: Directory Services

 >Eat Right!
 >Stay Fit!
 >Don't Drink!
 >Don't Smoke!
 >Die Anyway!

r>but much later, in all probability!

No, it just seems like later.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * What?!?  DOSSHELL *isn't* supposed to be a joke?
--
Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Services

Just wish my plea for a DLL got this much attention. ;-)

Quote:
>In a message dated 06-01-97, robin said to All about Re: Directory Services

> >Eat Right!
> >Stay Fit!
> >Don't Drink!
> >Don't Smoke!
> >Die Anyway!

>r>but much later, in all probability!

>No, it just seems like later.

>Regards

>Dave
><Team PL/I>
>___
> * MR/2 2.25 #353 * What?!?  DOSSHELL *isn't* supposed to be a joke?
>--
>Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
>Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Eat Right!
Stay Fit!
Don't Drink!
Don't Smoke!
Die Anyway!

Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Services

On Tuesday, 97/06/03, Howard Parsons wrote to All about "Directory
Services" as follows:

HP> Just wish my plea for a DLL got this much attention. ;-)

What plea? What DLL? [For which platform?]

I didn't notice it in this newsgroup. If it isn't too big [I'm already
booked for the rest of this year on major projects] I might be able to
knock up one for OS/2 using some language related to this newsgroup.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>

 * KWQ/2 1.2i * I'm pink, therefore I'm Spam.
--
Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Services

David,
        Apparantly the original message has scrolled off. I'm looking
for a DLL that will take care of directory/file oriented tasks such as
listind directory contents, deleting files, making directories, etc,
The main PL/1 app runs on an NT platform. We've moved away from OS/2
at my regular job.

Quote:
>On Tuesday, 97/06/03, Howard Parsons wrote to All about "Directory
>Services" as follows:

>HP> Just wish my plea for a DLL got this much attention. ;-)

>What plea? What DLL? [For which platform?]

>I didn't notice it in this newsgroup. If it isn't too big [I'm already
>booked for the rest of this year on major projects] I might be able to
>knock up one for OS/2 using some language related to this newsgroup.

>Regards

>Dave
><Team PL/I>

> * KWQ/2 1.2i * I'm pink, therefore I'm Spam.
>--
>Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
>Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Howard Parsons - Coding PL/I since 1974

Wed, 24 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Services

On Saturday, 97/06/07, Howard Parsons wrote to All about "Directory
Services" as follows:

HP>  Apparantly the original message has scrolled off. I'm looking
HP> for a DLL that will take care of directory/file oriented tasks
HP> such as listind directory contents, deleting files, making
HP> directories, etc,

In that case, you don't really want a DLL. That is for C-reeps.

You have a much more powerful facility available to you in PL/I. You
can have a suite of macros that make in-line calls to the native API,
and SIGNAL various error conditions when things go wrong. The only
thing I would make separately compiled would be directory listing,
where I would use a static library, since the findfirst/findnext logic
is quite petite, but big enough that you don't want to replicate it. I
already have one of these for OS/2, including clones of the C standard
library functions _splitpath(), _makepath(), etc.

If I work up enough energy to port it to NT I'll send you the source.
It's just that I hate my NT system. The "blue screen of death" gets on
my tits. However, an OS/2 app I'm writing will eventually be ported to
NT, so I'll have to port the path handling and directory services
libraries too.

HP> The main PL/1 app runs on an NT platform. We've
HP> moved away from OS/2 at my regular job.

As an NT user myself, I have to say that's a bummer! ... :-(

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>

 * KWQ/2 1.2i * "Monopoly? No, we just don't want competition."
--
Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Wed, 24 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Identity Management thru Novell Directory Services

2. VRWEB - The New, Ultimate VRML Directory Service !!!

3. US - S.E. FL - ***NOVEL/DCE/SYBASE..DIRECTORY SERVICES DESIGNER***CONTRACT

4. New (free) Web Directory Service

5. OVI Product and Services Directory

6. Accessing the BIOS32 Service Directory

7. FREE web hosting services with a cgi directory

8. VA Smalltalk Google Web Service Service Client and Server Simulator Example

9. New Services from Python Professional Services, Inc

10. ANN: New Services from Python Professional Services, Inc.

11. New Services from Python Professional Services, Inc

12. Directory of File/Directories on CD