PL/I Personal
Author Message
 PL/I Personal

IBM's Personal PL/I web page
http://www.*-*-*.com/
now list this as version 2.1. Is this a new version and if so are
there win32 APIs available?
Robert

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Personal

Here's their answer:

"...The release for PL/I Personal is V2.1 .  This is basically a scaled-down
version of the VA PL/I compiler, albeit not as current.  The PL/I Personal
product consists of the compiler, run-time library, and the de{*filter*}.
The OS/2 version is no longer available, I believe.  ..."

DJ

Quote:
> IBM's Personal PL/I web page

http://www.*-*-*.com/
enbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&cgrfnbr=1825319&x=9&y=6
Quote:
> now list this as version 2.1. Is this a new version and if so are
> there win32 APIs available?
> Robert

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Personal

Quote:
> Is this a new version and if so are there win32 APIs available?

My header files are bundled with that product, in a version corresponding to
the version of the compiler. The Win32 APIs should work, provided you are
not trying to use Unicode. Unicode support is under development at the lab
(I have an early version of the compiler), but will probably not be finished
until FixPak 7 (FP6 is due next month, FP7 in 4Q00).

--
Regards, Mark Yudkin, Yudkin Consulting AG, Authors of Cogent/SQL for MVS,
OS/2 and Windows NT.

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Personal
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:46:31 +0200, "Mark Yudkin"

Quote:

>> Is this a new version and if so are there win32 APIs available?

>My header files are bundled with that product, in a version corresponding to
>the version of the compiler. The Win32 APIs should work, provided you are
>not trying to use Unicode. Unicode support is under development at the lab
>(I have an early version of the compiler), but will probably not be finished
>until FixPak 7 (FP6 is due next month, FP7 in 4Q00).

Does this mean that it is now possible to do GUI work with the
Personal version?

Robert

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Personal

Quote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:46:31 +0200, "Mark Yudkin"

> >> Is this a new version and if so are there win32 APIs available?

> >My header files are bundled with that product, in a version corresponding
> >the version of the compiler. The Win32 APIs should work, provided you are
> >not trying to use Unicode. Unicode support is under development at the
lab
> >(I have an early version of the compiler), but will probably not be
finished
> >until FixPak 7 (FP6 is due next month, FP7 in 4Q00).

> Does this mean that it is now possible to do GUI work with the
> Personal version?

Yes, if you're not using Unicode.

Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site

2. WTB: PL/I Personal for OS/2

3. PL/I Personal and WIN98

4. PL/I Personal for Windows

5. PL/1 Personal

6. What about CSD#4 for PL/I Personal?

7. Compiling DR PL/I code with IBM Personal PL/I

8. CSD's/Patches/Fixpaks for IBM VA PL/I Personal ? Where ?

9. Personal PL/1 Samples

10. User's Personal PL/I Neural Network Leaks

11. Performance of Personal PL/I on a Thinkpad 600 (300MHz Pentium II)

12. Performance of Personal PL/I