Gregorian Dates to Julian dates, and back
Author Message
 Gregorian Dates to Julian dates, and back

I wanted to know if anyone had seen any functions in PL/I to
convert Gregorian dates (ie YYYY/MM/DD) into Julian dates
(ie YYYY/DDD).

Thanks

--
Bub
bub at videotron dot ca

        " To err is human, to really {*filter*} things up
                requires a computer ! "

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Gregorian Dates to Julian dates, and back

Quote:

> convert Gregorian dates (ie YYYY/MM/DD) into Julian dates
> (ie YYYY/DDD).

The new DATETIME, DAYSTODATE, and SECSTODATE functions on
IBM's PL/I for OS/2, AIX, and Windows 95 and NT will do this.

If you don't have these functions, try those via:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/robin_v.htm

and follow the link to PLI Resources.

Quote:
> Thanks

> --
> Bub
> bub at videotron dot ca
> http://alcor.concordia.ca/~sd_fort

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Gregorian, Julian, ISO, Islamic, Hebrew Dates

2. REXX MVS - dates from Gregorian to Julian

3. Need a Gregorian to Julian Date Conversion PGM

4. Date with Julian Date

5. Julian Date Converter Functions - julian.prg (1/1)

6. Gregorian Date vs. Julian Date HELP!!!

7. Table-less Gregorian Date Conversion

8. Figuring out Gregorian date from hours since 0001-01-01

9. How to convert the Julian date back to the standard date. Help!!

10. leap years, julian date, and stuff.

11. changing date to julian

12. Converstion of dates to Julian