Inquiry to Liant
Author Message
 Inquiry to Liant

Since the self-appointed keeper of the PL/I FAQ refuses to accept
current info to update his "FAQ", I will continue to keep readers
advised about PL/I's TRUE STATUS..

Below is the inquiry sent to www.liant.com  this morning..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I am providing info to comp.lang.pl1 newsgroup readers about available
PL/I compilers for Windows.

1. Does OPEN PL/I support Win32 API programming with libraries/etc ?
2. OPEN PL/I isnt listed as a current supported product, why is that?
3. Does Liant have a active PL/I development team? If not what is your
assessment of PL/I's future as a viable language.
4. What is the price?

Any info provided will be shared with the newsgroup readers (as is
this inquiry)..  Thanks

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:20:54 GMT
 Inquiry to Liant
Liant did not respond to my inquiry below sent via:

www.liant.com/support/email

Quote:
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> I am providing info to comp.lang.pl1 newsgroup readers about
available
> PL/I compilers for Windows.

> 1. Does OPEN PL/I support Win32 API programming with libraries/etc ?
> 2. OPEN PL/I isnt listed as a current supported product, why is
that?
> 3. Does Liant have a active PL/I development team? If not what is
your
> assessment of PL/I's future as a viable language.
> 4. What is the price?

> Any info provided will be shared with the newsgroup readers (as is
> this inquiry)..  Thanks

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:06:20 GMT

1. Liant Open PL/I is available from Liant

2. Relational Databridge by Liant

3. Liant DOES support Open PL/I

4. Liant DOES support PL/I

5. Liant Open PL/I

6. Liant Open PL/I

7. Liant Open PL/I

8. pli- IBM and Liant

9. Liant supports PL/I

10. error on LIANT RELATIVITY

11. Liant Relativity for Fujitsu Power Cobol for Windows

12. Liant COBOL-CGI