where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)
Author Message
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Thanks!

Regards.

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

There's IBM's PL/I for Windows 95 and Windws NT.
Liant Software Corporation has PL/I available for Windows NT.

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Hi, robin!

Quote:

> There's IBM's PL/I for Windows 95 and Windws NT.
> Liant Software Corporation has PL/I available for Windows NT.

  ^^^^^

  but price.......
                                  Nice {*filter*}!

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:
>Hi, robin!

>> There's IBM's PL/I for Windows 95 and Windws NT.
>> Liant Software Corporation has PL/I available for Windows NT.
>  ^^^^^

>  but price.......
>                                  Nice {*filter*}!

There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features than the
Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe brother!!).
The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue.

There's also the PL/I toolkit for PM programming under OS/2 and it costs about
US$130. at Indelible Blue.

G. Mella

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:

> >Hi, robin!

> >> There's IBM's PL/I for Windows 95 and Windws NT.
> >> Liant Software Corporation has PL/I available for Windows NT.
> >  ^^^^^

> >  but price.......
> >                                  Nice {*filter*}!

> There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features than the
> Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe brother!!).
> The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue.

> There's also the PL/I toolkit for PM programming under OS/2 and it costs about
> US$130. at Indelible Blue.

> G. Mella

Hi, Mella!

   Yes, OS/2 compiler - good stuff (very good, the best!), but....

   ....but there are nn,nnn,nnnWin computers vs kk,kkkOS/2 in the world

   {[IBM PL/I for OS/2 Professional Version 1.2] - [IBM PL/I for Windows
Version 1.2] = Professional
     Yess-s!, I want nonProfessional:-( one, but for Windows :-)}

                                               Nice {*filter*}!

Fri, 30 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:

>>Hi, robin!

>>> There's IBM's PL/I for Windows 95 and Windws NT.
>>> Liant Software Corporation has PL/I available for Windows NT.
>>  ^^^^^

>>  but price.......
>>                                  Nice {*filter*}!
>There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features than the
>Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe brother!!).
>The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue.
>There's also the PL/I toolkit for PM programming under OS/2 and it costs about
>US$130. at Indelible Blue.
>G. Mella

You should also explore the PLI-32.ZIP package on ftp.winsite.com
in pub/pc/winnt/miscutil

If enough people show interest then I will convert the code gen to 32
bit and prepare a new release.

Hugo

Thu, 06 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:

>> There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features than the
>> Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe brother!!).
>> The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue.

>> There's also the PL/I toolkit for PM programming under OS/2 and it costs about
>> US$130. at Indelible Blue.

>> G. Mella

>Hi, Mella!

>   Yes, OS/2 compiler - good stuff (very good, the best!), but....

>   ....but there are nn,nnn,nnnWin computers vs kk,kkkOS/2 in the world

>   {[IBM PL/I for OS/2 Professional Version 1.2] - [IBM PL/I for Windows
>Version 1.2] = Professional
>     Yess-s!, I want nonProfessional:-( one, but for Windows :-)}

You have your numbers wrong. There have been mm,mmm,mmm OS/2
licenses sold, and only kkk,kkk NT licenses sold.  Change the perspective
a little?  My numbers may be a little out of date, but they never go down,
only up.  OS/2 sales took a sharp upward turn after Win95 was delivered
last year.  Sounds like I'd want to be programming for OS/2 instead,
particularly if PL/I is your chosen language.

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:

> >> There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features than the
> >> Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe brother!!).
> >> The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue.

> >> There's also the PL/I toolkit for PM programming under OS/2 and it costs about
> >> US$130. at Indelible Blue.

> >> G. Mella

> >Hi, Mella!

> >   Yes, OS/2 compiler - good stuff (very good, the best!), but....

> >   ....but there are nn,nnn,nnnWin computers vs kk,kkkOS/2 in the world

> >   {[IBM PL/I for OS/2 Professional Version 1.2] - [IBM PL/I for Windows
> >Version 1.2] = Professional
> >     Yess-s!, I want nonProfessional:-( one, but for Windows :-)}

> You have your numbers wrong. There have been mm,mmm,mmm OS/2
> licenses sold, and only kkk,kkk NT licenses sold.  Change the perspective
> a little?  My numbers may be a little out of date, but they never go down,
> only up.  OS/2 sales took a sharp upward turn after Win95 was delivered
> last year.  Sounds like I'd want to be programming for OS/2 instead,
> particularly if PL/I is your chosen language.

  hm... i was wrong with kk.kkk os/2, yes, yes....

  ...but, where in my message _NT_? - only _WIN_ :)

  there are big difference

                                               nice {*filter*}!

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:
>> There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features
than the
>> Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe
brother!!).
>> The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue

I called  Indelible Blue today (12/2/96, 800-776-8284 ). They have never
heard of the The Personal Edition. The compilers they sell, for Windows
and OS/2, cost $650 each.
Bill Rowe

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:

>>> There is also a PL/I compiler for OS/2 from IBM. It has more features
>than the
>>> Windows version (It even has more features than its mainframe
>brother!!).
>>> The Personal Edition costs US$214 at Indelible Blue

A PC compiler for $200. would be very attractive tome as well.
         Any news from anybody welcome!

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

Quote:

>>than the
>>brother!!).

>A PC compiler for $200. would be very attractive tome as well.
>         Any news from anybody welcome!

Please download PLI-32.ZIP from ftp.winsite.com in
pub/pc/winnt/miscutil/

if I get serious feedback I may continue with this development, but if
I dont, then you will be forced to pay high prices to existing
companies.

Hugo.

Wed, 02 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 where can i find PL/I compiler for PC (DOS, WINDOWS)

-Please download PLI-32.ZIP from ftp.winsite.com in
-pub/pc/winnt/miscutil/

-if I get serious feedback I may continue with this development, but if
-I dont, then you will be forced to pay high prices to existing
-companies.

To quote from the info file that comes with this compiler (so-called):

"This release, unlike the previous release (alpha 2.35) does not produce
a usable object module so is not yet a  true  compiler."

If it does not produce an executable it is not a compiler of any kind.

"However release 2.35 was a DOS program and suffered from all
of the weaknesses that DOS suffers from. Further development
of the DOS compiler was felt to be an unwise
investment in terms of time and energy."

Yet despite these weaknesses, others have written DOS compilers for BASIC,
FORTRAN, C, C++, Pascal, COBOL, REXX .

Don't waste your time folks. Visual C++ is only $85 .

Bill Rowe.

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: PL/I for PC (OS/2, Windows, DOS)

2. PL1 Compiler for PC Windows/Dos?

3. Buy Inexpensive PC (DOS or windows) cobol compiler

4. Fortran.NET Preview for Pathetic PL/I PC-DOS losers

5. PL/I for the PC {Win95/Dos}

6. PL/1 for my Dos PC?

7. PL/1 (370 mainframe) to PC microcomputer code cross compiler

8. PL/1 (370 mainframe) to PC microcomputer code cross compiler

9. PL/I Compiler for PC

10. PL/1 Compiler for PC

11. PL/I Compiler for PC.

12. Wanted: Intel PL/M86 Cross-compiler for PC