Module information in load-module
Author Message
 Module information in load-module

Hi there,
I'm working with PL/I on a mainframe (OS390). Can someone tell me
whee I can find special informatiions in the load-modules: time
of compilation etc.?
Thank you
ThoK

--

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Module information in load-module

Quote:
> Hi there,
> I'm working with PL/I on a mainframe (OS390). Can someone tell me
> whee I can find special informatiions in the load-modules: time
> of compilation etc.?
> Thank you
> ThoK

> --

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Module information in load-module

Thomas,
you should find the date and time of compile at the end of static
storage, at execution time reg 2 points to the start of static.
the compiler creates two csects - the program name
in 7 characters (first 4 & last 3) suffixed with '1' is the code
and suffixed with '2' is the static storage
- - -

Quote:
> Hi there,
> I'm working with PL/I on a mainframe (OS390). Can someone tell me
> whee I can find special informatiions in the load-modules: time
> of compilation etc.?
> Thank you
> ThoK

> --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Module information in load-module

Quote:
> I'm working with PL/I on a mainframe (OS390). Can someone tell me
> whee I can find special informatiions in the load-modules: time
> of compilation etc.?

You can run the AMBLIST utility against a load module, which will tell
you everything you want to know. See 'MVS Diagnosis: Tools and Service
Aids' manual (LY28-1085-xx).

If you're after the structure of the records in a load module to do your
own poking about, look in the DFSMS/MVS Program Management manual
(SC26-4916-xx)

rwatson at au1 dot ibm dot com

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Module information in load-module
The data structures involved are documented in the Program
Management manuals for the DFSMS product.  If you want the
data broken out to look at then you can try REVIEW from
CBT file 134.  If you want to process the data with PL/I you
can look at David Noon's delinker in CBT file 90.  All at

www.cbt.org

Cheers,
Greg

Quote:

> Hi there,
> I'm working with PL/I on a mainframe (OS390). Can someone tell me
> whee I can find special informatiions in the load-modules: time
> of compilation etc.?
> Thank you
> ThoK

> --

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MP3 Information Module

2. Class/Module Information

3. getting class information from module name

4. turtle module information

5. Module index information in machine readable form?

6. Module for generic platform information: platform.py

7. Module for generic platform information: platform.py

8. DC and DS in load modules?

9. PDS load module records

10. Using DB2 in a load module in MVS Batch and CICS

11. OPEN - BLDL - LOAD getting the wrong module

12. FTP of IBM load modules