*** US-TX-HOU PL/1 CONTRACT TESTING AND APPLICATION SUPPORT
Author Message
 *** US-TX-HOU PL/1 CONTRACT TESTING AND APPLICATION SUPPORT

Large energy co. is in need of experienced PL/1 professionals
Two positions available.
Both are contract positions, 6 mo.+

Position # 1

Overview
Major oil & gas client is looking for a programmer with thorough understanding
of COBOL, IMS, PL1 and DB2 for Supporting Natural Gas Accounting System.
Required Skills
Cobol, IMS, PL1

Other Skills
DB2

Years Experience
5 years experience

Responsibilities
Candidate will be responsible for Supporting Natural Gas Accounting System
that Feeds Exploration Producing Systems that feeds the FRS System.

Other Details
Location - Downtown, Houston
Interview Method - Face to Face
Expenses Paid - No
Term - 6 Mos +
Why is this a good opportunity?
Excellent working environment with a great team of people working on exciting
applications.  This industry is undergoing a lot of change and this is an
opportunity to get involved with one of the major players.
Experience with the oil & gas industry is a major plus.

Position # 2

PL1 AND IMS
Contract Position

Overview
Major oil & gas client is looking for a programmer with thorough understanding
of IMS and PL1 for their Royalty Accounting System.
Required Skills
IMS, PL1

Other Skills
Years Experience
5 years experience

Responsibilities
Candidate will be responsible for Testing and Debugging for the Royalty
Accounting System.

Other Details
Location - Downtown, Houston
Interview Method - Face to Face
Expenses Paid - No
Term - 6 Mos +
Why is this a good opportunity?
Excellent working environment with a great team of people working on exciting
applications.  This industry is undergoing a lot of change and this is an
opportunity to get involved with one of the major players.
Experience with the oil & gas industry is a major plus.

Please reply,

Scott Mears
E.I.C.
(713) 977 5440          fax(713) 977 4808

www.exic.com

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 *** US-TX-HOU PL/1 CONTRACT TESTING AND APPLICATION SUPPORT

Scott,

Given the skills required, the first line of the "Other details" should
have looked something like

"Client will pay us $97/hr, you will get $65/hr, overtime at full
client's rate, all expenses, holidays and two week vacation paid,
comprehensive benefit package, free health, dental, vision".

That would be a professional approach. By the way, the figures cited
above were taken straight from real life, and they were offered in
Philadelphia area for a COBOL/DB2 programmer with no IMS or PL/I
experience whatsoever. If you would think the figures are high, try to
convince your client firm that PL/I would save it the entire
compensation of an Assembler guy. It shouldn't be too hard to do, since
the mere fact the shop has PL/I in action is a good indicator of the
local intelligence.

Respectfully, Paul.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Paul M. Dorfman
Citibank UCS Decision Support Systems
Jacksonville, FL
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> Overview
> Major oil & gas client is looking for a programmer with thorough understanding
> of COBOL, IMS, PL1 and DB2 for Supporting Natural Gas Accounting System.
> Required Skills
> Cobol, IMS, PL1
> Other Details
> Location - Downtown, Houston
> Interview Method - Face to Face
> Expenses Paid - No
> Term - 6 Mos +

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. US-TX-Dallas : Contract : PL/1 Developers

2. *** US-TX-HOU JR.-SR. COBOL DEVELOPERS NEEDED

3. *** US-TX-HOU COBOL85 PROGRAMMER

4. Hou/Tx.Cobol Programmers

5. US-TX,MD,FL PL/I Programmer-Analysts Needed

6. US/TX PL/1 Programmer/Analysts Year 2000 Conversion Project

7. US-TX-Austin - Smalltalk / C contract programmer available

8. US-TX-HOUSTON : Versant DBA contract

9. US-TX-HOUSTON : Immediate Smalltalk contract

10. US-TX-Dallas-Smalltalk Contract Positions (top $$$$$)

11. US - TX - HOUSTON ****GREAT JOB: VAX/VMS ****CONTRACT TO PERM

12. US-TX - DALLAS STRONG ALC AND COBOL CONTRACT PROGRAMMERS