PL/I Analyzer Version 2.0
Author Message
 PL/I Analyzer Version 2.0

                      PL/I ANALYZER Information Sheet

PL/I ANALYZER clearly interprets PL/I source programs to identify all Year
2000 date defects. PL/I ANALYZER is a tool that assists in:

   * PL/I Y2K compliance project startup and inventory.
   * Understanding and Documenting PL/I source code.
   * Locating all occurrences of non-Year-2000-compliant PL/I lines of
     source code.
   * Driving the remediation of Year 2000 defects.
   * Day-to-day program maintenance.

PL/I ANALYZER was originally created as a general purpose PL/I
reengineering and maintenance tool. Since the Year 2000 problem is another
maintenance issue, from a software standpoint, PL/I ANALYZER Impact
Analysis is uniquely suited to the Year 2000 task as well as reengineering
applications like SSN expansion and EURO Conversion.

Key Features

   * Parsing

     Parses source code into abstract syntax trees (ASTs). This is a
     representation of all the program elements and their
     relationships.

   * Adaptability

     Flexible coding of date seeds and type analysis that can
     accommodate any date-naming and date-representation conventions.

   * Data Flow Analysis

     Follows the flow of data across multiple data elements and
     between units throughout an application. This enables
     identification and impact assessment of all date-related program
     elements, not just the ones with date-like names.

   * Data De-aliasing

     Identifies different names that refer to the same memory
     locations (aliases). This reduces false negatives by identifying
     all aliases that may refer to a location containing a date, not
     just the aliases that have date-like names.

   * Code-Base Management System

     Executes on a highly-scalable object "database" that stores,
     accesses, and manipulates source code annotated as abstract
     syntax trees (ASTs). This facilitates highly automated
     enterprise-scale software analyses and transformations on
     codebases consisting of millions of lines of code.

Services vs. Tools

In addition to providing Year 2000 tools, LevTech offers Y2K Analysis and
Remediation services. All work is performed in our US Centers. Remediation
is currently performed manually and includes expansion, windowing, and
combinations of the two. Automated PL/I remediation is planned for the
first quarter of 1998 along with JCL analysis.

Leverage Technologists, Inc. | 6701 Democracy Blvd. Suite 703, Bethesda MD

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Analyzer Version 2.0

Following recent request for information about Year 2000
facilities:

[...]

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VisualAge PL/I Version 2.0 Offers a Competitive Edge

2. PL/I Analyzer

3. 'waccess' 2.0 web log analyzer released

4. OS/390 cobol analyzer (new version)

5. Searching for PL/I and JCL syntax analyzer sources... in PL/I off course.

6. Free PL/I formatter version

7. IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version

8. IBM PC Versions of PL/I

9. GUI for Windows version of PL/I

10. PL/I versions

11. CICS Transaction Gateway Version 4.0 - and COBOL and PL/I

12. APL+Win Version 2.0 and Windows XP