How to pass multible args to main
Author Message
 How to pass multible args to main

I've just resumed programming PL/1; First time in about 6 years, and of
course I run into trouble right away.

I'm trying to pass more than one argument to a PL/1 program from Rexx on MVS
using the LINKMVS command.

/* Rexx */
arg1 = 'Arg 1 string'
arg2 = 'Arg 2 string'
Address LINKMVS "PL1PROG arg1 arg2"
exit 0

My PL/1 program looks like this

PL1PROG: Proc(arg1, arg2) Options(Main, reentrant);

    Dcl
        arg1        char(100) varying,
        arg2        char(100) varying;

    Put skip list(arg1, arg2);

End;

I get an 0C4 on the put skip list.

Please help.

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to pass multible args to main
To pass more than one PARM to a PL/I mainline,
I would expect you would need SYSTEM(TSO)
compiler option.

Did you specify that at compile-time?

Cheers,
Greg

Quote:
>I've just resumed programming PL/1; First time in about 6 years, and of
>course I run into trouble right away.

>I'm trying to pass more than one argument to a PL/1 program from Rexx on MVS
>using the LINKMVS command.

>/* Rexx */
>arg1 = 'Arg 1 string'
>arg2 = 'Arg 2 string'
>Address LINKMVS "PL1PROG arg1 arg2"
>exit 0

>My PL/1 program looks like this

>PL1PROG: Proc(arg1, arg2) Options(Main, reentrant);

>    Dcl
>        arg1        char(100) varying,
>        arg2        char(100) varying;

>    Put skip list(arg1, arg2);

>End;

>I get an 0C4 on the put skip list.

>Please help.

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to pass multible args to main
If you use SYSTEM TSO you'd need to follow the rules for SYSTEM TSO
parameters, and you'd have to invoke the program as a TSO command, not as a
LINKMVS.

Full details on all how to invoke programs and all the options available are
in the Programming Guide.

Quote:
> To pass more than one PARM to a PL/I mainline,
> I would expect you would need SYSTEM(TSO)
> compiler option.

> Did you specify that at compile-time?

> Cheers,
> Greg

> >I've just resumed programming PL/1; First time in about 6 years, and of
> >course I run into trouble right away.

> >I'm trying to pass more than one argument to a PL/1 program from Rexx on
MVS
> >using the LINKMVS command.

> >/* Rexx */
> >arg1 = 'Arg 1 string'
> >arg2 = 'Arg 2 string'
> >Address LINKMVS "PL1PROG arg1 arg2"
> >exit 0

> >My PL/1 program looks like this

> >PL1PROG: Proc(arg1, arg2) Options(Main, reentrant);

> >    Dcl
> >        arg1        char(100) varying,
> >        arg2        char(100) varying;

> >    Put skip list(arg1, arg2);

> >End;

> >I get an 0C4 on the put skip list.

> >Please help.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Are method args pass-by-value or pass-by-reference

2. passing data/info/args to other programs....

3. Passing args to DLL - How Many?

4. Verilog - PLI passing args.

5. Newbie: how to pass args to C from asm

6. args passed from C (doing this without the ARG directive)

7. passing args via command line on win xp

8. Passing args C <-> Fortran

9. COMMON vs. Passing Args

10. Problem passing args from C to Python...

11. passing unknown args to another function

12. Problems passing a function and its args around.