VA Pli Editor macro - clipboard -> variable
Author Message
 VA Pli Editor macro - clipboard -> variable

I'm trying to write a macro in the VA-PLI editor on Windows, and I am
stumped. I need to get the contents of the clipboard (I can do that ok) and
put it into a variable which I can then use within the macro - such as
print/check the value etc.

Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me to the right command ?
And before you all shout RTFM, I've looked and looked in the online help but
it seems to be avoiding me.
Tim.

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:06:59 GMT
 VA Pli Editor macro - clipboard -> variable
There may be a better way, but my recommendation is to use the
WindowsClipboard object of OO-REXX, which is the macro language for LPEX.

Hassle: VA products bundle OO-REXX 1.0.2.2. You would need wish to to
purchase OO-REXX V2.1, and let it update the VA-bundled REXX. There are no
incompatibilities (or at least I haven't encountered any).

Quote:
> I'm trying to write a macro in the VA-PLI editor on Windows, and I am
> stumped. I need to get the contents of the clipboard (I can do that ok)
and
> put it into a variable which I can then use within the macro - such as
> print/check the value etc.

> Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me to the right command ?
> And before you all shout RTFM, I've looked and looked in the online help
but
> it seems to be avoiding me.
> Tim.

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 14:14:34 GMT

1. VA Pli Editor macro - another question

2. Compile-options VA PLI

3. Compile-options VA PLI

4. Problems with VA PLI 2.1 and W2K (printing to network-printers)

5. ODBC documentation for VA PLI for Windows V2.R1.07

6. VA for PLI

7. PL/I or VA PLI Post-Mortem Debugger

8. VA PLI & Lpex

9. HELP:>>Problems with VA 3.0a CwTextPrompter

10. VA 4.5 >> Container Details Tree

11. Symbol>>isString in VW, VA, and the standard

12. US-VA-Arlington >> Ada programmers