DIVIDE builtin precision
Author Message
 DIVIDE builtin precision

Quote:

> What would the syntax
>    DIVIDE(value,4,0)

Produces Value/4, with precision 0 (which is specified by the
third argument).
Natuarlly, the compiler would object, and has substituted
a non-zero value for the precision.
Quote:
> mean?
> It seems to be accepted by PL/I for MVS & VM without complaint
> but Enterprise PL/I issues the message IBM1435I and replaces the
> digits value by 1. I understand the error but I am wondering what
> this syntax might have meant in the past.

> Any ideas?

> Bill

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 18:59:36 GMT

1. DIVIDE builtin precision

2. DIVIDE builtin

3. FIXED-POINT ARITHMETIC (was DIVIDE builtin)

4. Builtin methods versus Builtin Functions -- help!

5. Convert single precision to double precision

6. Constant precision & type/precision promotion

7. Internal Precision Vs. Unformatted Precision

8. HP Fortran question: precision of double-precision?

9. double precision vs. single precision

10. single precision or double precision?

11. Double precision runs fast tan single precision in MS Fortran

12. Crystal Reports Builtin support for Topspeed???