DOWNLOAD PL/I IF YOU WANT (NT or DOS)
Author Message
 DOWNLOAD PL/I IF YOU WANT (NT or DOS)

You can now download both of my earlier PL/I compilers.

Both the DOS and NT builds are on this page.

Please feel free to ask any questions you like, I am
currently planning the code changes needed to make
the NT build, create proper NT object files.

www.morantek.demon.co.uk

Regards

Hugh

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOWNLOAD PL/I IF YOU WANT (NT or DOS)

Quote:

> You can now download both of my earlier PL/I compilers.

> Both the DOS and NT builds are on this page.

> Please feel free to ask any questions you like, I am
> currently planning the code changes needed to make
> the NT build, create proper NT object files.

> www.morantek.demon.co.uk

> Regards

> Hugh

Where? What looks like the image map is all messed up,
and neither IE3.0 or Netscape Communicator show any
links or an image map.
--

http://www.io.net/~dvdeug
& is a twist!

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOWNLOAD PL/I IF YOU WANT (NT or DOS)

Quote:

> > You can now download both of my earlier PL/I compilers.

> > Both the DOS and NT builds are on this page.

> > Please feel free to ask any questions you like, I am
> > currently planning the code changes needed to make
> > the NT build, create proper NT object files.

> > www.morantek.demon.co.uk

> > Regards

> > Hugh
> Where? What looks like the image map is all messed up,
> and neither IE3.0 or Netscape Communicator show any
> links or an image map.

The author says the page should work right, but I still
don't get it. However, he says the above address \pli-16.zip
or \pli-32.zip will get the program, and I downloaded PLI32
from there.

I'm running this on under Windows 95. The zip file has no
directory structure. In one directory, it dumps the C source
of the compiler (well commented, at least), PLI source to
verify the compiler, various include files, and the
compiler itself. There is no documentation (not even
a readme file). Whenever I tried to run the compiler,
it complains that intaface.dll could not be found.

All in all, it doesn't work, and even if it did work,
I'd have to search through the code for switches and
working instructions. As a pet project, it would be nice.
If you are desperate for a PLI compiler under Windows
NT, have a C compiler to compile it, and the patience
to get it working . . . well, it is the only free
PLI compiler I've seen. For a rating, I did have to give
it an F. If the author fixes the dll problem and adds some
documentation, unless there are other hidden problems, it
would bring it up to C+ B- range.
--

http://www.io.net/~dvdeug
& is a twist!

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOWNLOAD PL/I IF YOU WANT (NT or DOS)

My apologies to all concerned.

The website had an old backup zip of some compiler test utils.

I have now corrected this and replaced the ZIP with the originally
intended one.

Please excuse my error.

I hope the real pli-32.zip is better received.

Thanks to all concerned

Hugh

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. looking for a PL/I compiler for 386+ in MSDOS or NT-DOS

2. REXX NT,DOS-WIN,OS/2: Wanted

3. NT and NT Dos Client

4. Info wanted : REXX for NT (Windows NT)

5. PL/I Standards available for download

6. HTTP download from dos?

7. Where can I download an assembler and a C Compiler for MS-DOS

8. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD VISUAL OBJECT COBOL BETA#3 FOR WIN95/NT

9. Browser for V/DOS to download

10. PL/1 compiler for DOS/WIN/OS2 ?