PL/1 interpreter ?
Author Message
 PL/1 interpreter ?

 Hello there,
for learning PL/1, I am looking for a PL/1-interpreter or -compiler running
on my PC under DOS or Win95.
Does anyone know about such a product (shareware ?)
Where could I get most cheap such a product ?
Thanks in advance
Georg Bauer

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 interpreter ?

Quote:

> Hello there,
>for learning PL/1, I am looking for a PL/1-interpreter or -compiler running
>on my PC under DOS or Win95.
>Does anyone know about such a product (shareware ?)
>Where could I get most cheap such a product ?
>Thanks in advance
>Georg Bauer

Finding an affordable PL/I compiler is a priority for me as well.  I would
like to start working with PL/I *NOW*, but there's no way I can shell out
$750 for IBM's VisualAge.  I've read here that IBM is working on an
affordable version, but who knows how long that will be.

Tue, 25 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 interpreter ?

Quote:

> [...]

$750 for IBM's VisualAge.  I've read here that IBM is working on an
affordable version, but who knows how long that will be.

Tue, 25 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 interpreter ?

Quote:

>> Hello there,
>>for learning PL/1, I am looking for a PL/1-interpreter or -compiler running
>>on my PC under DOS or Win95.
>>Does anyone know about such a product (shareware ?)
>>Where could I get most cheap such a product ?
>>Thanks in advance
>>Georg Bauer

>Finding an affordable PL/I compiler is a priority for me as well.  I would
>like to start working with PL/I *NOW*, but there's no way I can shell out
>$750 for IBM's VisualAge.  I've read here that IBM is working on an
>affordable version, but who knows how long that will be.

Check out Indelible Blue. I think they are still selling PL/I for OS/2
Personal Edition V 1.1 for US$129 plus the PL/I Toolkit for building OS/2 PM
applications for US$115.  OS/2 is an excellent plattform for developing serious PL/I
apps.

G. Mella

to e-mail, simply remove the X from the e-mail address

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hobbes archive PL/I interpreter for OS/2

2. Logo Komeniusz PL (Logo Comenius PL)

3. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

4. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

5. Difference PL/1 PL/I

6. What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

7. Initialization Expressions in PL/I (was ANSI PL/I)

8. Migrating from OS/VS PL/I to VA PL/I

9. PL/I FAQ -- Frequently asked questions about PL/I (minor update)

10. The PL/I Connection (PL/I Newsletter No. 6)

11. How VOS PL/I tames PL/I

12. PL1 JOBS PL/I Jobs PL/1 JOBS