How to force condition i PL/1?
Author Message
 How to force condition i PL/1?

Hi!

Problem: How to force a condition in PL/1.

Tried  : SIGNAL condition
(I know SIGNAL is used for testing ones condition handling, but it's the same effect I'm
looking for)
SIGNAL can work, but because SIGNAL requires that _all_ conditions are stated by there full
name (like ENDPAGE, ZERODIVIDE, UNDEFINEDFILE ect.) one has to code all conditions
separately. Like:
   SELECT (VAR_CONDITION);
      WHEN(50)
         SIGNAL KEY;
      WHEN(90)
         SIGNAL CONDITION;

Question:
Does anybody know if there an more ingenious method to force conditions?
Something like:
   SIGNAL VAR_CONDITION;     /*this is invalid, I know*/

--
Regards
       Jens

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to force condition i PL/1?

        >Hi!
        >Problem: How to force a condition in PL/1.
        >Tried  : SIGNAL condition
        >(I know SIGNAL is used for testing ones condition handling, but it's the same effect I'm
        >looking for)
        >SIGNAL can work, but because SIGNAL requires that _all_ conditions are stated by there full
        >name (like ENDPAGE, ZERODIVIDE, UNDEFINEDFILE ect.) one has to code all conditions
        >separately. Like:
        >   SELECT (VAR_CONDITION);
        >      WHEN(50)
        >         SIGNAL KEY;
        >      WHEN(90)
        >         SIGNAL CONDITION;

        >Question:
        >Does anybody know if there an more ingenious method to force conditions?
        >Something like:
        >   SIGNAL VAR_CONDITION;     /*this is invalid, I know*/

You must specify the actual condition name in a SIGNAL
statement.
There are no short cuts.

        >Regards
        >       Jens

Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Splitting 'and' conditions into multiple conditions

2. Order of evaluation of conditions in a combined condition

3. Order of evaluation of conditions in a combined condition/PMAP

4. Pre-condition vs. Post-condition

5. Pre-condition vs. Post-condition

6. Pre-condition vs Post-condition

7. "BIG E vs little e", was pre-condition vs post-condition

8. pre-condition vs post-condition

9. Logo Komeniusz PL (Logo Comenius PL)

10. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

11. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

12. Difference PL/1 PL/I