PL/1 and testing mainframes past year 2000
Author Message
 PL/1 and testing mainframes past year 2000

Hi!

Hope somebody can help me. I am engaged in a year 2000 project for a MVS
based customer. I have heard a roumor that there are PTFS that has to be
applied before a PL/1 program can be run beyond year 2000. According to the
information I have I need the PTFS corresponding to APAR PN72740. Before we
go into testing we need to either verify or deny this rumor.

My customer has release 2.3 of PL/1

They use an outsourcing company for their systems and the people at the
outsourcing company tells us that PN72740 is for release 1.5.1 only.

Has anybody stumbled on this issue?

TIA

Gunnar Mossberg
Datab Software AB

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 and testing mainframes past year 2000

In a message dated 04-07-98, The Goon said to All about Pl/1 And Testing
Mainframe

[snip]
TG>They use an outsourcing company for their systems and the people at the
TG>outsourcing company tells us that PN72740 is for release 1.5.1 only.

TG>Has anybody stumbled on this issue?

Yes, the outsourcer is correct: PN72740 is for 1.5.1 only.

The APAR for 2.3 is PN50632. You will need to relink all your date-dependent
programs after applying the PTF/APAR.

IBM documented this in the last "PL/I Connection" newsletter, and if you had
been a member of Team PL/I you would have received a copy. If you contact

newsletter.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 and testing mainframes past year 2000

In a message dated 04-07-98, The Goon said to All about Pl/1 And Testing
Mainframe

[snip]
TG>They use an outsourcing company for their systems and the people at the
TG>outsourcing company tells us that PN72740 is for release 1.5.1 only.

TG>Has anybody stumbled on this issue?

Yes, the outsourcer is correct: PN72740 is for 1.5.1 only.

The APAR for 2.3 is PN50632. You will need to relink all your date-dependent
programs after applying the PTF/APAR.

IBM documented this in the last "PL/I Connection" newsletter, and if you had
been a member of Team PL/I you would have received a copy. If you contact

newsletter.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 and testing mainframes past year 2000

Quote:
>Hi!

>Hope somebody can help me. I am engaged in a year 2000 project for a MVS
>based customer. I have heard a roumor that there are PTFS that has to be
>applied before a PL/1 program can be run beyond year 2000. According to the
>information I have I need the PTFS corresponding to APAR PN72740. Before we
>go into testing we need to either verify or deny this rumor.

>My customer has release 2.3 of PL/1

>They use an outsourcing company for their systems and the people at the
>outsourcing company tells us that PN72740 is for release 1.5.1 only.

>Has anybody stumbled on this issue?

>TIA

>Gunnar Mossberg
>Datab Software AB

True.  (Can't verify the APAR number, but it looks about right.)
Otherwise the DATE builtin function can return the wrong day
after 1999 - it will return the correct last 2 digits of the year,
though.  Further, you must re-link your programs to get the
fixed DATE routine after applying the PTF.

Cheers,
Greg

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/1 and testing mainframes past year 2000

Gunnar, the details are in the most recent version of The PL/1 Connection.
For OS PL/I 2.3 you need APAR PQ01168 for COMPILE-DATE and PN50632 for
DATE.
Check out

http://www.software.ibm.com/ad/pli/pli0497.htm#beyond

for more information.

--
                                         Regards
                              The Man in Spectacles

Please remove -nematode- from the email address before replying

Solicitations to me must be pre-approved in writing by me after solicitor
pays $1000 US per incident.  Solicitations sent to me are proof that you
accept this notice and will send a certified check forthwith.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. YEAR 2000 PROJECT--Cobol Mainframe-Contract in Mpls,MN

2. Year 2000 PL/I Compiler

3. Wanted - Year 2000 Project Needs PL/1 Programmers

4. Year 2000 Conversion tool for PL/I

5. US/TX PL/1 Programmer/Analysts Year 2000 Conversion Project

6. Year 2000 Conversion tool, beta test

7. Year 2000 Test's

8. Year 2000 Test's

9. Year 2000 test and code inspection COBOL

10. Year 2000 testing on MVS without IPL