Personal PL/1 for NT
Author Message
 Personal PL/1 for NT

Can anyone comment on the IBM's Personal PL/1 for NT - its capabilities
and limitations?

 (I checked the IBM site and could not find a document that spells it
out).

Can the product be used to develop, compile and test PL/1 modules that
are eventually targeted towards other platforms - like OS/390?

If you have a copy of Personal PL/1 for NT - I would be happy to hear
from you.

Thank you in advance.

--
                            ~~~ Josef Herz~~~

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:59:16 GMT
 Personal PL/1 for NT
Personal PL/I is for "personal users" (or as IBM put it "An inexpensive
option for PL/I developers from small companies, consultants, and students
who don't require the full function of VisualAge PL/I Enterprise"). You need
the full VA PL/I product to do OS/390 development. You also need the full
product for certain other technologies, such as DB2, CICS, remote DL/I, that
are more typically found in non-personal environments (even though DB2
personal edition does exist).

Details are on the IBM PL/I home page
(http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ad/pli/). It doesn't "spell it out", but it's
fairly clear that you get what's listed, and by implication, don't get what
isn't listed for Personal PL/I but is listed for the full product.

Quote:
> Can anyone comment on the IBM's Personal PL/1 for NT - its capabilities
> and limitations?

>  (I checked the IBM site and could not find a document that spells it
> out).

> Can the product be used to develop, compile and test PL/1 modules that
> are eventually targeted towards other platforms - like OS/390?

> If you have a copy of Personal PL/1 for NT - I would be happy to hear
> from you.

> Thank you in advance.

> --
>                             ~~~ Josef Herz~~~

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:41:59 GMT

1. Compiling DR PL/I code with IBM Personal PL/I

2. Personal PL/1 Samples

3. User's Personal PL/I Neural Network Leaks

4. Performance of Personal PL/I on a Thinkpad 600 (300MHz Pentium II)

5. Performance of Personal PL/I

6. Status of Personal PL/1

7. PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site

8. WTB: PL/I Personal for OS/2

9. Personal PL/I?

10. PL/I Personal and WIN98

11. PL/I Personal for Windows