PL/I internet access possible?
Author Message
 PL/I internet access possible?

Below is my reply to a "tcp/ip programming" topic in comp.lang.fortran that
may be of interest to some here..
Has anyone written a PL/I app that can download a arbitrary file from the
internet similiar to source I provide via my http.f90 link below?

Quote:

> > how can i do tcp/ip programming in fortran ??
> > r there ne libraries available or some intrinsic functions
> > available ...
> > i want to do it in fortran only without interfacing any
> > other language ( C or java )
> > thanx
> > Praveen

<snip>

Quote:
> I think that I remember that David Frank has some Windows-utilities and
> I believe that he posted information here in the past.

see:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Using CVF to create the http.exe from this source, I DAILY call the http.exe
program from another program
using the "system" command + file address to download,  to retrieve free
price data file from a futures exchange.

I also use the http technique shown in another program that tracks/plots the
daily market.. That program reads a free source of intra-day realtime price
data via a read thread (no use is made of http.exe in that program)..

All of my development is 100% Fortran with NO  C wrappers,  but you must
have a MS WinInet API support library to link with.

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:27:22 GMT
 PL/I internet access possible?
Since there are no replies, I assume no-one is accessing the internet with
their own PL/I source program..

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:34:33 GMT
 PL/I internet access possible?
Or nobody wants to bother conversing with you, you stupid old dipshit.
Quote:

> Since there are no replies, I assume no-one is accessing the internet with
> their own PL/I source program..

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:38:24 GMT
 PL/I internet access possible?

Quote:
> Or nobody wants to bother conversing with you, you stupid old dipshit.

Dear Boring,
you forgot to add your usual apology signature for "boring readers for 17
years" from stanford.edu

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:55:04 GMT

1. Binary files possible in PL/I ?

2. Writing an internet application using PL/I

3. Possible Data Corruption - File Access Error

4. Error 530 (Possible Data Corruption in file attempting to access a record)

5. Accessing registers using PL/1

6. Accessing multiple tables like they were one, possible?

7. Direct Memory Access, is it possible ?

8. Accessing serial port possible?

9. Free Internet Access World Wide

10. World Wide Free Internet Access .

11. World Wide Free Internet Access .