Fortran and PL/I
Author Message
 Fortran and PL/I

Quote:

> Yes, but statements have been made in this ng that a direct translation
> of a C source is not possible, so one of the things I accomplish
> with my examples is illustrate that fortran has a better shot at a
> direct translation due to syntax advantages like .operator.

PL/I provides a "better shot" on account of its strong string
handling facilities.

Quote:
> btw, you havent answered whether PL/I has a similiar syntax option.

The nearest would be:

y = operator (x);

Quote:
> Dave

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fortran to PL/I

2. Fortran to PL/I translation

3. Fortran to PL/I translation

4. C -> Fortran <- PL/I

5. Fortran and PL/I constant arg

6. Fortran and PL/I constant arg

7. Fortran to PL/I translation

8. calling fortran from pl/sql

9. Yet another Fortran example that can be translated to PL/I

10. PL/I outflanks Fortran

11. Fortran.NET Preview for Pathetic PL/I PC-DOS losers

12. PL/I vs. Fortran number-crunching runtimes