LPEX editor under Win95
Author Message
 LPEX editor under Win95

The LPEX editor marks statements containing syntax errors red.

IBM PL/I sample source code

if .... then
do;

is marked red even though it's  no error.

Are there any settings in the editor to avoid this mistake?

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LPEX editor under Win95

Quote:

> The LPEX editor marks statements containing syntax errors red.

> IBM PL/I sample source code

> if .... then
> do;

> is marked red even though it's  no error.

> Are there any settings in the editor to avoid this mistake?

I use the RimStar Editor which does a great job with Syntax coloring on
all languages and is much more comprehensive than LPEX.

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LPEX editor under Win95

Quote:

>The LPEX editor marks statements containing syntax errors red.
>IBM PL/I sample source code
>if .... then
>do;
>is marked red even though it's  no error.
>Are there any settings in the editor to avoid this mistake?

I hope and wish for such a setting ...
There are a number of these 'bugs'
and it fails to mark other syntax errors
Perhaps it is a mistake to expect so much from lpex

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LPEX editor under Win95

Quote:

> > The LPEX editor marks statements containing syntax errors red.

> > IBM PL/I sample source code

> > if .... then
> > do;

> > is marked red even though it's  no error.

> > Are there any settings in the editor to avoid this mistake?
> I use the RimStar Editor which does a great job with Syntax coloring on
> all languages and is much more comprehensive than LPEX.

Hi, Rick,

your statement sounds good. Does RimStar do in addition of coloring also
syntax checks with PL/I?

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VA PLI & Lpex

2. NT VisualAge C++ Rexx out side LPEX how?

3. Help Needed: IBM cob2 / cobol set for AIX / lpex question

4. wanted: win95 text editor

5. Development of Win95 VRML Editor/Builder??

6. VHDL text editor for win95

7. I'm Looking for a good editor/compiler/debugger pkg for Win95

8. editor for python (Win95/98)

9. Syntax colouring Python editor for WIN95/NT available.

10. tcl/tk aware editors for win95

11. Win95, imbeddable bitmap editor for use w/ Tcl/Tk Netscape Plugin

12. Cut and Paste in CFD editor ver CW editor