DC Y2K Weather Report # 7
Author Message
 DC Y2K Weather Report # 7

Quote:
> happy, I'm so happy to be able to read S/370 machine language.  SVC-11
> hits more than the TIME macro, it rips the guts out of the PL/I DATE()
> function.  There are implications that are an absolute scream.  Rex had

Does the PL/I DATETIME() function survive? I'd also be quite surprised if
LE370 date functions take a hit.

BTW, there is a mod out now that allows COBOL or PL/I programs to run with
NOSTAE,NOSPIE to run without the overhead of LE320 runtime telling you
that it has overridden your PLIXOPT or COBOL IGZEZOPT. It behaves as it did
before LE370 runtime. We haven't had it in production yet, so we can't say
whether this resolves the performance hit of IMS routines burning CPU in
LE runtime routines. IBM advised running IMS NOSTAE,NOSPIE prior to LE370, so
many online programs now burn more CPU to tell you that your COBOL or PL/I
runtime options have been overridden by the TRAP(ON) mandatory(used to be)
option. We may have had a double dose of this, since some of our load modules
combine PL/I, COBOL, and assembler.

Apart from the IBM IMS recommendation we had seen some obscure DB2 abends
before I assembled and linked an IGZEZOPT runtime parms module to suppress
COBOL II error handling. It seemed to be a case of too many error handlers
trying to own control of a contention/timeout/rollback/requeue situation.
--
notice: by sending advertising/solicitations to this account you will be
indicating your consent to paying me $70/hour for a minimum of 2 hours for

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DC Y2K Weather Report # 7

Quote:

>> happy, I'm so happy to be able to read S/370 machine language.  SVC-11
>> hits more than the TIME macro, it rips the guts out of the PL/I DATE()
>> function.  There are implications that are an absolute scream.  Rex had

>Does the PL/I DATETIME() function survive? I'd also be quite surprised if
>LE370 date functions take a hit.

-----snip-------

Hmm, I thought I found an SVC 11 not only in IBMBJDT1 (DATE())
but also in IBMBJDD1 (DATETIME()).  This does not mean that
Y2K is a "problem" with DATETIME, just that it uses the SVC interface.

Cheers,
Greg

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DC Y2K Weather Report (ALC 9, power, Time Machines, How Bad)

2. Available: DC Y2K Weather Report #17

3. DC Y2K Weather Report #3

4. DC Y2K Weather Report # 7

5. DC Y2K Weather Report # 4

6. gatherwrite Re: DC Y2K Weather Report # 4

7. Available: DC Y2K Weather Report #17

8. DC Y2K Weather Report # 7

9. DC Y2K Weather Report #6

10. DC Y2K Weather Report # 4

11. DC Y2K Weather Report (Real GPS, ICBMs, ALC, 250K grant)

12. DC Y2K Weather Report # 11