fortran anyone?
Author Message
 fortran anyone?

Quote:

> Moving here from C -> fortran <- PL/I

> >FTR, PL/I introduced list processing back in 1966 or 1967.
> >It ws not until Fortran 90 (c. 1991) did Fortran have comparable
> >facilities.

> You have been very silent about how to output a list
> when the list has been passed as an argument in PL/I,
> You sure you have comparable list processing to C or Fortran?

print_list:
   procedure (Head);

      declare Head pointer;
      DECLARE Current POINTER;

      Current = Head;

      DO WHILE (Current ^= NULL);
         PUT (Curent -> Value);
         Current = Current -> Ptr;
      END;
   END PRINT_LIST;

   CALL PRINT_LIST (Head);

Printing a linked list is a standard (and trivial) task in PL/I.

You can do something very similar in Fortran also.

As I said, list processing has ben available in
PL/I since around 1967.

With those facilities, one can process any kind of linked list,
and list structures including trees.

It was the first general purpose labguage to
include such facilities.

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. fortran anyone?

2. PL/I and C (was fortran anyone?)

3. Fortran decimal anyone?

4. Fortran decimal anyone?

5. Anyone for help with DEC (Vax) Fortran-IV ?

6. Anyone using XL Fortran on AIX ?

7. Anyone have a fortran 77 compiler for pc?

8. Anyone want to sell MS Fortran PowerStation?

9. Has anyone used FORTRAN-M in the past?

10. Does anyone have a fortran compiler that is similar to say the C compiler Visual C++

11. Does anyone know some free Fortran compiler for Mac

12. Has anyone used MS fortran powerstation ?