Recent SHARE/GUIDE meeting
Author Message
 Recent SHARE/GUIDE meeting

Regarding the recent SHARE and GUIDE conferences,
the following issues were covered:

(supplied courtesy of Don Smith of IBM PL/I Development)

Aspects of the new [PL/I] products were discussed at the conferences.

The following sessions were presented by members of IBM PL/I development:

 -- What's New in PL/I
  Abstract:
  Come see what is in the new VisualAge PL/I V2.0 products! IBM
VisualAge PL/I V2.0 is the year 2000 ready
  application development environment for the next millennium.
Find out how the Professional product can help you
  with the year 2000 problem with the new Windows NT Redeveloper tools. See the
benefits you can gain from the
  other Standard and Professional VisualAge PL/I product
components: Remote IMS DL/I Support, LPEX, De{*filter*},
  Performance Analyzer, PL/I Visual Builder, and WorkFrame.

 -- Networking PL/I With Java and CGI
  Abstract:
  Interested in taking advantage of CGI and Java technologies to
extend the reach of your applications, but think it
  will be difficult with PL/I? Not so! Come to this session and
see examples of a CGI program written in PL/I, and a
  Java client-server front-end to a PL/I application. Also, come share your
views about how PL/I should support
  these and similar technologies.

 -- PL/I - Migration to LE
  Abstract:
  So you're thinking of migrating your current PL/I applications
to the latest LE/370 enabled PL/I? Or maybe you've
  been told that there is NO WAY you'll ever be able to move to
the LE version. Let's face it: There are issues
  surrounding the migration to LE, but they're not unresolvable. Many companies
have made the transition smoothly
  and you can too! Don't be scared away by all the hype that this
is "the language migration to end all language
  migrations". It can be easy if you have the right information going in and
this session is designed to provide you
  that advantage. Come to this session to learn what those issues
are and to discuss common problems and their
  resolutions. New features, like the Year 2000, will be
discussed as well. This session will provide the insights to
  alleviate your migration woes and make you a hero with your
systems support staff and applications. If your shop
  uses PL/I and you want to get to OS/390, then you need to
attend this session. OS/390 includes the new Language
  Environment MVS & VM (LE) as a base element and there are
issues for shops currently running OS PL/I that want
  to run under LE.

 -- New Year 2000 Tools from PL/I
  Abstract:
  This talk will discuss IBM's Year 2000 date analysis tool for
PL/I and the Millennium Language
  Extensions announced in September. The tool will help you
identify what modules and what lines in
  those modules you may need to change to insure that your code will run in the
year 2000 and
  beyond. Changes to the PL/I compilers in support of the
Millennium Language Extensions may then
  help you 'fix' your code in some situations (which will be
described).

 -- Year 2000 Solutions Using COBOL and PL/I for MVS & VM
  Abstract:
  This session will discuss the "YEAR 2000" problem and how to
deal with it for COBOL and PL/I
  applications. Is your compiler Year 2000 ready? Why or why not?
Do you need to recompile all of
  your programs before 12/31/1999? Which fix technique is best? Can you set up
a production LPAR as
  a "Time Machine"? Answers to all these questions and more will
be available at this session, along
  with coding examples showing how to use LE date/time callable
services.

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SHARE/GUIDE meeting 16-21 August 1998

2. Recent ANS Forth Meeting

3. IEEE recent meeting minutes

4. Share/Guide/FTP sites?

5. Expert Guide v0.05 - Norton Guide Reader For Linux

6. Expert Guide - Norton Guide Reader For Linux

7. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

8. Different reccount() for shared and non-shared dbf

9. Network is very slow with DBF Shared ou Shared REadOnly mode

10. Network is very slow with DBF Shared ou Shared REadOnly mode

11. Shared Variable Requirements The Shared Variable Working Group of the IEEE DASC is developing a

12. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share