Author Message
 Liant Open PL/I

Saturday May 3, 2003
.
from http://www.*-*-*.com/
.
Open PL/I
.
For Rehosting PL/I Applications on Open Systems
.
Liant's Open PL/I is a robust and flexible development system that
allows PL/I mainframe users to rehost existing PL/I applications to open
systems environments. Open-PL/I empowers PL/I mainframe users to migrate
legacy applications to open systems, while controlling risks and costs.
.
Open-PL/I is the only proven multi-platform UNIX and Windows PL/I
solution in the marketplace today.
.
Open PL/I Year 2000 Source Analyzer
.
Download Liant's Free Year 2000 Assessment Tool and Report Generator.
Automatically assesses your potential Year 2K PL/I source code problems.
Runs on Windows NT/95.
Contact Us
.
Contact us for a 30 day trial evaluation period with our money back
guarantee... put Open-PL/I to work solving your PL/I legacy migration
problems now!!??
.
Liant's Open-PL/I Solution
.
Migration
Liant's Open-PL/I is a robust and flexible development system that
allows PL/I mainframe users to rehost existing PL/I applications to open
systems environments. Open-PL/I empowers PL/I mainframe users to migrate
legacy applications to open systems, while controlling risks and costs.?
.
Open-PL/I is the only proven multi-platform UNIX and Windows PL/I
solution in the marketplace today.
.
Compatibility
Open-PL/I includes full IBM PL/I features to ensure compatibility, and
is compatible with PL/I dialects from other systems, such as DEC VAX,
Data General, Wang, and Prime. It offers support for third party
client/server products, such as database facilities, transaction
processing, transaction processing, development environments, GUI tools,
and operation management tools.
.
Controlled Risk
.
The functionality and business logic of mission critical legacy
applications is maintained. Applications run essentially unchanged or
with little modification on update platforms.??
.
Controlled Cost
Transition costs are low. Future development, processing, and support
budgets are less in the new client/server environment.??
.
Protected Investments
Investments in mission critical applications are preserved, and existing
personnel skills and experience are leveraged with the need for
expensive? retraining.
.
Portability Across Platforms
Maximum portability means applications can run on a variety of
platforms, according to end-user needs.??
Open-PL/I Key Features
.
Relational Data Base and CICS Support
Open-PL/I includes support for Oracle and DB2, which makes it easy to
port applications already using these databases, plus CICS support using
UniKix.
.
If legacy applications use VSAM files, moving to Open-PL/I provides the
opportunity to run applications "as-is", or modernize them by migrating
to a relational database.
.
VSAM data is accessed using standard PL/I record I/O statements.
Databases are accessed using either direct calls to the vendor supplied
API, or embedded EXEC SQL statements.?
.
VSAM is supported in any one of three different file systems: Informix's
widely known C-ISAM, Transarc's Structured File Server, or Liant's Open
File Manager. C-ISAM is included with Open-PL/I.?
.
Macro Preprocessor
Open-PL/I provides a powerful macro preprocessor as an additional to to
ease the conversion of mainframe PL/I to open systems.?
.
Command-Line Driver
Open-PL/I includes a command-line driver which invokes the compiler,
macro preprocessor, SQL and CICS pre-compilers, and the linker, reducing
the commands needed to generate executable files, and easing the use of
makefiles.
.
Source Code Checker
A source code checker helps users assess their source code compatibility
with Open-PL/I, and in turn, the degree of success in porting their code
"as-is" to an open systems environment.
.
Performance and Libraries
Open-PL/I provides outstanding runtime performance through various
compiler optimizations levels, and reduces code size and improves system
performance through the use of shared libraries on Unix systems.
.
CodeWatch De{*filter*} Support
Open-PL/I includes CodeWatch, Liant's powerful GUI source code de{*filter*}.
CodeWatch allows testing and debugging of programs using the
conventions, syntax, and symbols of the PL/I language. Standard PL/I
expression evaluation is fully supported, including builtins, arrays and
array slices, and PL/I data types.
.
.
Questions about installing or using Liant Products should be directed to

Questions about pricing of Liant Products should be directed to

.
Copyright (c) 1995-2003 Liant Software Corp. All rights reserved.

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:35:36 GMT
 Liant Open PL/I
Liant Open PL/I is available on:

        *  80x86 & Pentium running UNIX SVR3 and SVR4.
           Includes Codewatch, Liant's powerful GIU source code de{*filter*}.
                ---available from Liant Software Corporation,
                959 Concord Street,
                Framingham, MA 01701-4613,
                Tel. (508) 872-8700, Fax (508) 626-2221
                (their Open PL/I generally is available on Unix-based systems)
                http://www.*-*-*.com/
.
        * Windows NT -- Open PL/I is available from Liant Software Corporation.
                        Comes with Codewatch, Liant's powerful GIU source code
                        de{*filter*}.
.
        HP 9000 HP-UX
                --- available from Liant Software Corporation
                    Comes with Codewatch, Liant's powerful GIU source
                    code de{*filter*}.
.
        SPARC SunOS 4.x, Solaris 2.x
                --- available from Liant Software Corporation
                    Comes with Codewatch, Liant's powerful GIU source
                    code de{*filter*}.
.
        IBM RS/6000 AIX
                --- available from Liant Software Corporation (address above);
                    Comes with Codewatch, Liant's powerful GIU source
                    code de{*filter*}.
.
        Data General AViiON with DG-UX
                --- available from Liant Software Corporation
                    Comes with Codewatch, Liant's powerful GIU source
                    code de{*filter*}.

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:33:36 GMT
 Liant Open PL/I

Quote:
> Saturday May 3, 2003
> .
> from http://www.liant.com/products/pl1
> .
> .
> Open-PL/I is the only proven multi-platform UNIX and Windows PL/I
> solution in the marketplace today.

There is no statement that open-pl/i comes with win32 api development
support.
Under above loose definition even DOS PL/I is a solution to develop
a DOS app. that will run under Window, but that doesnt make it a
windows development system that support win32 program development.

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:49:32 GMT

1. Liant Open PL/I is available from Liant

2. Liant Open PL/I

3. Liant Open PL/I

4. Liant DOES support Open PL/I

5. Liant DOES support PL/I

6. Liant supports PL/I

7. How do you open .pl files?

8. Open Source PL/1 Compilers?

9. PL/1 Developer contract opening in Boston

10. Open Contract - ProRexx PL/1 VM some Oracle - agent sfsys

11. Relational Databridge by Liant

12. Inquiry to Liant