Year 2000 compliance
Author Message
 Year 2000 compliance

Quote:
>There are other date functions available, such as
>dateto days, daystodate, etc. make it convenient to
>advance forward or back by a given number of days.

>If you'd like more info, please let me know.

>    >>        Ron Draney
>    >>        American Express

I'm currently working in a year2000 project in a PL/1 environnement. I already
used the DATETIME function, but never heard of other date functions than the
DATE function.
Would be nice, when you give me more information about the others...
Thnx

Ciao
Michael

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Year 2000 compliance

I am on a Year 2000 project and have used DATETIME but would like to
know more about the other functions you mentioned

Carol Fox
Doylestown, PA

Quote:

>         >It is named datetime and takes no arguments. See
>         >ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/srbs/r12.4.0_srb.memo for details.

>         >Stratus Computer, Inc.      | Video: PictureTel/AT&T by request.
>         >Marlboro, MA 01752          | Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not Stratus.

>         >> I understand that VOS PL/1 will have a new builtin function in addition
>         >> to the standard date()...from what I hear the new function will return a
>         >> date with a four-digit year...what I haven't heard is what the function
>         >> will be called....

>         >> They're going to want me to start documenting changes for year
>         >> 2000...I'd like to be able to refer to it as something other than "that
>         >> improved date function"....

> Ron,

> You can use that now, even if not implemented, by
> writing your own DATETIME function, and calling DATE()
> within it, and popping on the extra century digits, along
> with the time.

> But you might like to know that the DATETIME function for
> several IBM implementations offers considerably more
> than just today's date -- any reasonable date format, e.g.,
> day-month-year with choice of numeric month and name month,
> and year first, year last, etc.

> There are other date functions available, such as
> dateto days, daystodate, etc. make it convenient to
> advance forward or back by a given number of days.

> If you'd like more info, please let me know.

>         >>      Ron Draney
>         >>      American Express

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Year 2000 compliance

        >It is named datetime and takes no arguments. See
        >ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/srbs/r12.4.0_srb.memo for details.

        >Stratus Computer, Inc.      | Video: PictureTel/AT&T by request.
        >Marlboro, MA 01752          | Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not Stratus.

        >> I understand that VOS PL/1 will have a new builtin function in addition
        >> to the standard date()...from what I hear the new function will return a
        >> date with a four-digit year...what I haven't heard is what the function
        >> will be called....
        >>
        >> They're going to want me to start documenting changes for year
        >> 2000...I'd like to be able to refer to it as something other than "that
        >> improved date function"....

Ron,

You can use that now, even if not implemented, by
writing your own DATETIME function, and calling DATE()
within it, and popping on the extra century digits, along
with the time.

But you might like to know that the DATETIME function for
several IBM implementations offers considerably more
than just today's date -- any reasonable date format, e.g.,
day-month-year with choice of numeric month and name month,
and year first, year last, etc.

There are other date functions available, such as
dateto days, daystodate, etc. make it convenient to
advance forward or back by a given number of days.

If you'd like more info, please let me know.

        >>        Ron Draney
        >>        American Express

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Year 2000 compliance

In a message dated 11-12-97, Michael Keller said to All about Re: Year 2000
Compliance

Quote:
>There are other date functions available, such as
>dateto days, daystodate, etc. make it convenient to
>advance forward or back by a given number of days.

MK>I'm currently working in a year2000 project in a PL/1 environnement. I
MK>already used the DATETIME function, but never heard of other date
MK>functions than the DATE function.

These extra functions are, at present, only in the full SAA compliant
compilers, specifically for OS/2 and Windows NT. They should be in PL/I for
MVS and VM (or whatever they'll call it next) real soon now -- they might
even be there already -- but I don't think the aging OS PL/I Optimizing
compiler will ever get them.

If your company is still using the old optimizing compiler, it might be time
to upgrade to PL/I for MVS and VM. I certainly wish that the place I am
currently working would upgrade.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * Purchasing Windows is an Unrecoverable Application Error.
--
Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Year 2000 compliance

 >If your company is still using the old optimizing compiler, it might be
time
 >to upgrade to PL/I for MVS and VM. I certainly wish that the place I am
 >currently working would upgrade.

Same here.

The problem is that we're doing a _lot_ less PL/I development around here;
System Software is the only group doing new PL/I development, and we find
it difficult to justify buying a new, more expensive PL/I for just our use.

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Year 2000 Compliance

2. Year 2000 Compliance / Upgrade to Visual Objects

3. Year 2000 compliance of TopSpeed Modula-2

4. Scheme Year 2000 Compliance

5. URGENT: year 2000 compliance

6. Y2K cobol year 2000 compliance !!!

7. Automated cobol year 2000 compliance.

8. Automated cobol year 2000 compliance.

9. Automated cobol year 2000 compliance.

10. Automated cobol year 2000 compliance.

11. Y2K cobol year 2000 compliance !!!

12. Y2K cobol year 2000 compliance !!!