How can I know the position where error occured?
Author Message
 How can I know the position where error occured?

Hello all.

I use VisualAge PL/I V2.1 for Windows NT.
I use option (LIST to compile my source code,and output .asm file.
This .asm file doesn't hava address.

When a runtime error occurred,offset number appears.
But for that file with no address,I can't know where position error
occurred.

How can I know the position where error occured?

Please tell me.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I know the position where error occured?
You need to use the MAP file from the linker. This contains a complete
offset - statement number cross-reference, if you compile accordingly.

Full details on compiler and linker options, plus how to read the MAP file
are in the Programming Guide. LPEX will also colour-code the MAP for you.

--
Regards, Mark Yudkin, Yudkin Consulting AG, Authors of Cogent/SQL for MVS,
OS/2 and Windows NT.

Quote:
> Hello all.

> I use VisualAge PL/I V2.1 for Windows NT.
> I use option (LIST to compile my source code,and output .asm file.
> This .asm file doesn't hava address.

> When a runtime error occurred,offset number appears.
> But for that file with no address,I can't know where position error
> occurred.

> How can I know the position where error occured?

> Please tell me.

> Thanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I know the position where error occured?
Thank you for your help.

Quote:

> You need to use the MAP file from the linker. This contains a complete
> offset - statement number cross-reference, if you compile accordingly.

> Full details on compiler and linker options, plus how to read the MAP
file
> are in the Programming Guide. LPEX will also colour-code the MAP for
you.

> --
> Regards, Mark Yudkin, Yudkin Consulting AG, Authors of Cogent/SQL for
MVS,
> OS/2 and Windows NT.
> The simplest way to publish live data on the World Wide Web.

> > Hello all.

> > I use VisualAge PL/I V2.1 for Windows NT.
> > I use option (LIST to compile my source code,and output .asm file.
> > This .asm file doesn't hava address.

> > When a runtime error occurred,offset number appears.
> > But for that file with no address,I can't know where position error
> > occurred.

> > How can I know the position where error occured?

> > Please tell me.

> > Thanks

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. An error has occured...

2. Error occured while executing Matlab script

3. Error 7 occured at Open VI Reference in

4. labVIEW build Error 1 occured at NiFgen Configure Frequency.vi

5. COM error Exception Occured

6. How to know the viewer's current position

7. Knowing the cursor position

8. Help: How could I know the mouse position in the windows

9. CA Cans VO ?

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. It's not bad canned meat...

12. It's not bad canned meat...