PL/I
Author Message
 PL/I

Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:40:46 GMT

Quote:

>> ps. So why is the newsgroup called comp.lang.pl1
> It is probably in the archives somewhere.  There was a discussion,
> and comp.lang.pl1 won.

When it came to the vote, the preference was for pl1 over everything else.

[As Glen says, the lack of a "/" in newsgroup names meant that
pl/1 or pl/i wasn't an option.]

Quote:
>  Slash is illegal in newsgroup names, do
> pl/i was not a choice.  There are a number of other language
> related features named pli,
> though not pl/i.  Personally, it makes it easier to search for the
> newsgroup.  The string pl1 is unique in newsgroup lists, but pli is
> not.
>-- glen

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:42:45 GMT

1. Logo Komeniusz PL (Logo Comenius PL)

2. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

3. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

4. Difference PL/1 PL/I

5. What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

6. Initialization Expressions in PL/I (was ANSI PL/I)

7. Migrating from OS/VS PL/I to VA PL/I

8. PL/I FAQ -- Frequently asked questions about PL/I (minor update)

9. The PL/I Connection (PL/I Newsletter No. 6)

10. How VOS PL/I tames PL/I

11. PL1 JOBS PL/I Jobs PL/1 JOBS

12. It's not PL/1, it's PL/I