IRXEXEC Control block
Author Message
 IRXEXEC Control block

I am trying to set up a call from PL/I to REXX using the IRXEXEC
interface. Does anyone experience setting up the control blocks that or
a code sample I could use, or anything similar in setting up calls
unsing control blocks in PL/I? Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IRXEXEC Control block

Quote:

> I am trying to set up a call from PL/I to REXX using the IRXEXEC
> interface. Does anyone experience setting up the control blocks that or
> a code sample I could use, or anything similar in setting up calls
> unsing control blocks in PL/I? Thanks.

Interesting thought.  I have always done this in assembler called from
PL/I.

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IRXEXEC Control block
I know it's no quite what you asked, but using IRXJCL is pretty easy.

DCL IRXJCL ENTRY
              (CHAR (*) VAR)       /* REXX COMMAND                    */
              OPTIONS (ASM INTER RETCODE);
FETCH IRXJCL;
CALL IRXJCL (CMD);
RC = PLIRETV ();

As for IRXEXEC, I have never gotten it to work with a private address
environment that could communicate with the data structures in the calling
program.

I suppose I could dig out my test programs that show how to call IRXEXEC. I
also once received an email from somebody who sketched the assembler
interfaces for doing the address environment, but who couldn't supply code.
I was unable to get that code to work either (kept getting oncodes I
couldn't resolve).

--
Regards, Mark Yudkin, Yudkin Consulting AG, Authors of Cogent/SQL for MVS,
OS/2 and Windows NT.

Quote:
> I am trying to set up a call from PL/I to REXX using the IRXEXEC
> interface. Does anyone experience setting up the control blocks that or
> a code sample I could use, or anything similar in setting up calls
> unsing control blocks in PL/I? Thanks.

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. std blocks vs blocks+cache ( was: block behavior)

2. Help with Control Blocks

3. MVS Control Blocks

4. Scavenging Control Block info

5. PL/I control blocks under Language Environment

6. Lingering task control blocks

7. Batch Control Block

8. task control block and stack size question...

9. Processor control block

10. Control Block Viewer ?

11. question on return from blocks and ensure: blocks

12. ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"