Ancient Digital Research PLI compiler
Author Message
 Ancient Digital Research PLI compiler

Hi All,
I have an ancient PL/I Compiler (From Digital Research, circa 1983) but no
documentation.
Anybody know how to use it?
I am a competent PL/I mainframe user but don't know anything about this
compiler, eg how large a subset of PL/I it supports etc.
Also, is there anyway I can compile/link a Mainframe PL/I program such that I
can distribute the Load Module to sites which DON'T have PL/I installed.
Thanks for any help.
Ron D

Wed, 24 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ancient Digital Research PLI compiler

Quote:
>Hi All,
>I have an ancient PL/I Compiler (From Digital Research, circa 1983) but no
>documentation.
>Anybody know how to use it?
>I am a competent PL/I mainframe user but don't know anything about this
>compiler, eg how large a subset of PL/I it supports etc.

It's a subset of the G subset. If you're used to real PL/I I doubt that you'd be
happy with it.

Quote:
>Also, is there anyway I can compile/link a Mainframe PL/I program such that I
>can distribute the Load Module to sites which DON'T have PL/I installed.

Yes, but they still must have either the PL/I Transient Library or LE installed
to run it.

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ancient Digital Research PLI compiler

   I have an ancient PL/I Compiler (From Digital Research, circa 1983) but no
   documentation.
   Anybody know how to use it?
   I am a competent PL/I mainframe user but don't know anything about this
   compiler, eg how large a subset of PL/I it supports etc.
   Also, is there anyway I can compile/link a Mainframe PL/I program such that I
   can distribute the Load Module to sites which DON'T have PL/I installed.
   Thanks for any help.
   Ron D

It's been awhile, but I thought it supported a defined subset of PL/I
called "subset G".  Maybe you can find something more under that
heading.  If necessary, I probably have the original DR documentation
somewhere at home so I could look it up.

        -- Herman Schuurman
--

Texas Instruments Inc.      TI MSG:   DTCH
PO Box 655012, M/S 63       Voice:    972.995.4937

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Digital Research PL/1 Compiler

2. The ancient DR PL/I Compiler...

3. Ancient Fortran 1.0 Compiler

4. Digital Research Logo

5. Digital Research PL/I-86 Question

6. Digital Research, where are you?

7. Digital research PL/I for DOS

8. Digital Research PL/I for CP/M-86

9. Experimental DIGITAL UNIX debugger available for researching user debugging preferences

10. PLI Compiler (Progress)

11. VisualAge PLI Enterprise vs. VisualAge PLI Personal

12. pli compiler