Re : streaming I/O and sundry
Author Message
 Re : streaming I/O and sundry

robin wrote :

Quote:
>Hi,

>   I think the newsgroup would be interested to hear how you
>actually solved this program . . .

>Robin

IIRC, I ended up using :

GET FILE(SYSIN) EDIT(BUFF) ((500)A(1));

for the streaming i/o experiment. I tried it on a 400,000 record data
set with 40 bytes per record, it doesn't seem to be excrutiatingly
slower, though not as fast.
I decided to forget the idea though, and just decided to use
CHAR VARYING for this specific application. (this module being for
simple symetric encryption)

Thanks for the help everyone ! :)

--
Bub
#include <sig.h>

    " If you are unsure whether you are on the Alpha or Intel
        platform, you are probably on the Intel platform. "

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. streaming i/o & sundry

2. Sundry Dylan Questions

3. Streams and OS/2 Reason code 110

4. Wierd stream( ) error under os/2 4.5

5. streams with Scheme on Mac OS

6. Reading the error stream from os.popen()

7. Adding/Removing Streams from a Broadcast Stream

8. Distinguishing a binary Stream from a text Stream ?

9. os._exit(), os.kill(os.getpid(), 9)

10. Problem with any of os.system(), os.fork() & os.execp() and os.spawn()

11. Black OS/2 icons and mini-icons for VisualWorks 2.0 for OS/2

12. FORTH/OS OS/4th